Hello :) Plus Recent Product Round-up!
Hello and Sorry! Its been ages since a post from me.. But we’re getting back on it!
So to start us off here’s a Little round up of all the products I’ve recently been loving:
- Estee Lauder Satin Creme Blush in Nude Light: This Satin finish cream blush is the perfect muted peachy-nude for autumn, It leaves a lovely cool-toned skin-finish shimmer sheen on the cheek bones! Best applied with fingers or a flat-top stippling brush for a natural effect
- Bourjouis Intense Exrait in 03: These new shadows from Bourjois are a newer, intense version of the classic “little round pot” claiming to be 2 times more intense in one sweep! And yes they are! This matt pink with a sparkling shimmer is very Nars-esque and great for the evening!
- Bourjois Intense Extrait in 09: This matt grey/brown is perfect to sweep along the lashline with an angled brush for effortless definition.
- Bourjois 10 days Nail Polish in 17: I am a fan of these “10-day” polishes! Sure they don’t last for “10 days” but they do a pretty good job! And I love this deep cherry red for Winter
- No.7 Lash Adapt Mascara in Black/brown: This new mascara from No.7 is full on Volume which is what I look for in a mascara. Its super build-able so you can get any look from natural to evening look. Also this brown/black is the perfect combo!
- L’oreal Super Liner Luminizer Hazel Eyes: This liquid, almost water based liner is perfect for a quick pick-me-up. Its got an easy spongy tip and the purple really brings out the brown in my eyes.
- Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip balm: IN LOVE with this balm! It tastes like lemon tarte and works like a treat on dry lips! Hmmmm yum .
What do you think?! I would highly recommend all of these!
Any Qs? Xxx
P.s. More posts on their way!
How to: Flushed Cheeks and Stained lips!
This tutorial how to will show you how to achieve the fall look for Oscar de la Renta, which had strong brows and stained lips and cheeks. I think this look will be BIG for winter as it channels the look of skin after a walk in the snow!
Face: Beautiful flushed cheeks!
- To start off apply a creamy foundation such as maybelline’s dream satin liquid foundation to make your skin look soft and dewey. Follow with a concealer which contains light reflecting pigments.
- Next use a highlighter to brighten your skin. If you don’t know how to apply highlighter check out our post on how to use it here!
- Now for the important bit! To create the flushed cheeks use a stain such as Benefit’s Benetint or Topshop’s berry cheek and lip tint. Warm the stain up between your fingers and then blend onto your cheeks. Less is more when it comes to stains as you can always layer more on and its harder to correct your mistakes if you put to much on the first time.
- Lastly, apply a light layer of translucent powder to set your makeup!
Eyes: Focus on your brows!
- Brush your brows into place using a brow brush and then fill them in densly with a brow pencil such as Benefit’s instant brow. For a more believable effect use short strokes to mimic the look for hairs. Set with a clear brow gel.
- Use a little natural eyeshadow in a dark sandy colour to sculpt your eyes. Use it underneath and in your socket line, but blend out so there are no harsh edges.
- To finish off curl your lashes and apply just a little brown mascara.
Lips: Use a stain!
- Use the same stain as you did on your cheeks and pat a couple of layers of it onto your lips, concentrating on the centre and bottom lip to make them look fuller.
- Use a little balm on top to give them a creamy look. Try the body shop lip oil or EOS lipbalm!
Have fun and good luck! Any Q’s?
Hey guys! I that it is getting to that time of the year when you start to feel the cold and the depression that it is dark when you get up to go to work/school. But look on the bright side at least we really get to try all the winter make-up trends!! Here are my favs this season…
- rose-y cheeks! This is ah-dorable and universally flattering. Use Estee Lauders powder blush in 211 nude rose and apply on the apples of your cheeks and blend up.
- red lipstick- always a classic that looks good what every the season, but I think it is particularly nice to get you in the holiday spirit! tip: when applying red lipstick use a lipbrush to apply, blot, then apply again to make it last.
- purple smokey eyes- these have made a comeback this season thanks to Estee Lauders smokey eye pallets and I think they look great, especially on green eyes.
- berry lipstain- this is just so cute and fresh looking, it is one of my fav products and I am so glad it is back in fashion! I like the topshop lip stains and benetint is also very good (but quite pricey!)
So there you have it! What are your favouret beauty trends this season? Love to know! xx