Get ready in under 10 minutes- the Parisian way!
Hey girls! Need to look good in double quick time? Do it like a Parisian by following these steps!
- Wash your hair to help wake you up and then apply a mousse for volume and allow to air dry whilst you finish getting ready!
- Apply day cream, its essential for the French woman! In fact even the chicest girls in Paris often get their skin care at the drugstore! But make sure you don’t apply to much, or your cheek will be sticky when you greet your friends a la francaise (cheek kissing)!
- Use a liquid foundation (a pump-action bottle is easier when you’re in a hurry!) and keep a liquid compact in your handbag for touch ups during the day. To apply like a true Parisian don’t use a sponge or a brush, but your fingers for a more natural result!
- Skip under eye concealer- no time!
- Apply matte powdered eye shadow with a fine brush. Most french like shades of brown for a more natural look but you can use any colour!
- Smudge a fine line of black kohl along the base of the lashes
- Apply a bronzing powder with a big brush for a faster application!
- Apply mascara to the top lashes only- that way there is no danger of it running during the day!
Now you look like an elegant Parisian and your ready to run out the door!
My Everyday Makeup Routine!
Hey everyone! At the moment my makeup routine has been a quick natural look which helps to make me look awake and ready for the day, but can be done in a short amount of time! I can do this look in under 10 minutes which is perfect for me. So lets get started!
Face: Fresh and polished!
- I use a light layer of Max Factor Xperience Weightless Foundation in Light Ivory 40 on my t-zone and any other areas that need evening out.
- Next I apply Garnier skin naturals tinted eye roll-on as a concealer for my under eye circles and pat in.
- I then move on to blusher, I use different blushers but mostly peachy-pink cream products such as NYC blushable cream stick in Plaza Pink or Collection 2000 creampuff moisturising lip cream and I blend this onto the apples of my cheeks. Using cream products is much quicker than powder because you can use your fingers!
- I then apply a light dusting of pressed powder over my t-zone to set the foundation; I’ve been using Bourjois mineral radiance in 02 Vanille .
Eyes: Just a swipe of mascara!
- I give my eye brows a quick brush but leave them un-filled.
- Next I curl my lashes and apply a coat of Max Factor false lash effect mascara.
- Depending on how much time I have I also apply Revlon colour stay eyeliner in coffee on the top lash line
Lips: a bit of tinted balm or gloss!
- As I’m dashing out of my room to school I put on a swipe of pinky balm. My current favourites are Mac’s tinted lip conditioner in Petting Pink, Vaseline lip therapy with rose and almond oil or Revlon colourburst gloss in peony pivoine.
So there you go, its really a super quick look that is fresh and pretty. What about you girls? Do you have a super quick to do day time look?
Bronzy and peach makeup (tutorial)
This tutorial is perfect for the end of summer when your skin is tanned and glowy! The bronze on your eyes will look more natural than normal and the peach cheeks and lips will really pop!
Face- make your cheeks pop!
- Apply your foundation and concealer making sure that you use one that is correct for your tanned skin tone. Using a foundation too light will make your skin look ashy and dull!
- Next use a cream blusher stick in a bright peach shade on the apples of your cheeks with a foundation brush. Try NYC blushable creme stick in Plaza Pink.
- Set all these products with a face powder or bronzer on a stippling brush!
- Go over your blusher with a powder blush in a similar shade to set it and make it stand out! Try Inglot pro-5 freedom in matte 361.
Eyes- go for a bronze shimmer!
- Fill in your brows with a pencil or powder and brush into place.
- Next, prime your lids by using a creme shadow in a shimmery neutral colour. Try Rimmel colour mousse in 005 glitz.
- After that apply a dark shimmery or glittery brown shade up to your crease and under your eyes to half way. Try Sephora moonshadow trio in sunbaked no 2 and use shade number 1.
- Blend the edges of the shadow to make it look softer and excentuate your crease with the same shade.
- Apply a brown eye liner on your top and bottom lash line and smudge in.
- Curl your lashes and apply two coats of mascara.
Lips- Go for matching lips and cheeks!
- Prep your lips with a balm to make sure they are smooth and soft. Try EOS lipbalm.
- Next use your favourite coral coloured lipstick or the same creme blusher that you used on your cheeks. Personally I’m loving Bobbi Brown pot rouge for lips and cheeks in cabo coral 21 for this look!
Any Q’s? xxx
Long lasting day makeup (tutorial)
Hey everyone! This tutorial is directed towards looking natural but making sure that your makeup lasts all day long- perfect for out and about! This tutorial is also for the anon who sent us this question:
If i’m going to a crowded place but not like a party or something like that.. Example; to the mall and i want to be attractive but at the same moment beautiful what should i put on my face?
So lets get started!
Face- focus on staying power!
- Smooth on a primer before anything- make sure you smooth it on not rub! Try mattfying ones for extra staying power as they absorb oil which will break down your foundation and make it fade faster!
- Next apply a long lasting foundation such as Revlon’s colour stay or Estee Lauder double wear foundation! These work well because it sets to stop it smudging or rubbing off.
- Apply a long lasting concealer on top of that and then set your face with a powder. Make sure that you tap it on rather than brush to make sure that you get an even coating.
Tip- Apply concealer and powder to your eyelids to create a primed base for shadows!
Eyes- keep it simple!
- Fill in your brows with a pencil and set with a matching powder for extra staying power!
- Next use a brown cream liner on your top lash line only and then set with a similar colour. Skip the bottom lash line as it is more oily and will be more likely to smudge.
- Curl your lashes and apply a water proof mascara as they last longer.
Lips- use a stain to make it last all day long!
- Pick your favourite lip stain and fill in your lips with it! My current fav’s are Benefits posie tint and Revlons just bitten lipstain in passion.
Hope that was informative!
Any Q’s? xxx
Fresh Summer Look (tutorial)
Hey everyone! Hope everyones doing great! Today’s post is a tutorial for a look that I have been wearing frequently in the recent weeks. It’s a pretty and fresh summer look, perfect for the day, and has a super cute pink lip! So lets get started:
Face: reduce shine and oil!
- Start off by smoothing a mattifing primer over your face too keep it shine-free. Try Sephora’s anti-shine primer.
- Next apply you’re favourite base with a foundation brush and then blend out around the hairline, chin and nose with a sponge- I love the egg shaped ones!
- Using the same sponge apply concealer and cover-up too all your still showing blemishes and dark shadows.
- Lastly, use a creme stick blusher on the apples of your cheeks and blend up onto your cheek bones, giving you a pretty flushed look! Try NYC’s creme stick in Big Apple Blush.
- Set all you’re hard work with a pressed powder.
Eyes: keep it simple and play up your lips!
- Firstly fill in your brows with a pencil and then set them with a powder to extend staying time! If you’re rushed for time go for pencil alone. Try and make them look dense and full, it looks much fresher and younger.
- Use a matt neutral toned on you’re lids and then use a dark brown or black gel liner to tight line you’re top lash line- making your eye lashes look fuller and thicker!
- Curl your lashes and then apply two coats of a volumeising mascara.
Lips: Make them stand out with a bright pink!
- Use a lip scrub to make you’re lips smooth and soft before you apply a bright pink lipstain. Try Revlon’s just bitten lipstain + balm in Passion.
- Then over the top layer a pink gloss or shiny lipstick to make you’re lips the centre of attention! Try clarins lipstick in 709 or buxom lipgloss in Kanani.
P.S. It looks best if you choose a gloss that doesn’t have glitter or shimmer in it!
Hope gave you some ideas for a new summer look! What’s been you’re favourite makeup to do for summer?
Simple First Date Look.
We’ve received lots of questions about what makeup to wear on a first date so I thought I would make a tutorial…
Skin: Dewy and Fresh
- Use a tinted moisturiser for glowy natural looking skin.
- Cover up under-eye shadows with a light reflective concealer. Recently I’ve been loving Maybelline’s Dream Lumitouch highlighting concealer.
- Use your normal cover up for any blemishes.
- Use highlighter on your cheekbones (If you don’t know how to use highlighter check out this post: http://makeupwrites.tumblr.com/post/5516491458/q-do-you-know-any-good-liquid-highlighters-and)
- Use a cream blusher or lipstick on your cheeks for a fresh glow. You want to look like your blushing!
- Tip: Men hate caked on foundation so whatever you do make sure that the overall look is less than you would normally wear. You don’t want to look like you’re wearing a mask! Try a water spray if you’ve already overdone it.
Eyes: Nice and Natural
- Prime your eyelids and then do a natural smokey eye. I recommend using a matte brown in a similar shade to your natural eyelid as a base and then blending on some shimmery gold or lilac colour (you can pick another colour just make sure it looks soft). I recommend Inglot eyeshadows in Pearl or Amc Shine.
- Next take a eye pencil in a brown shade and apply on your top lash line and blend it out with a q-tip.
- Tip: put a little of the eye liner on the q-tip before you blend to make sure that you don’t wipe the product away!
- Curl your lashes and apply mascara. If you want you can apply some individual fake lashes for a fuller flutter. They look super natural so you can get away with it!
Lips: Creamy and soft
- Apply balm to get your lips super hydrated and smooth.
- I recommend that you go for something with a little shine and hydration but stay away from gloppy glosses and strongly coloured lipsticks! (You can guess why!).
- Instead try something like 17’s mirror shine lipstick in Beehive or Lipstick Queen in 12 minutes. Both have a natural finish which makes your lips look full and kissable.
Hope that helped and good luck on your first date!
Simple and Fresh-Faced Prom Look.
Many of you may have your Prom or Deb coming up! So heres a simply and easy fresh-faced look!
Eyes: Natural Beauty!
- Prime all over the lid with a skin colored eye primer.
- Grab a contouring color (wheaty colour) and contour into the socket and along the lash line and a little under the eye. This will give your eye some definition.
- Find a gel or cream liner in a brown, I like Elf coffee, and line your lash line and create a flick, with guidance of your lower lash line.
- Get a matte cream/white colored eyeshadow and use it in the inner corners and brow bone.
- Use a brown volumizing and lengthening mascara just on your top lashes keeping your bottom lashes bare. Apply a few layers.
Face: Keep it fresh!
- Use a primer, try Clarins Beauty Balm, which brightens your skin. But don’t rub primers in, smooth them over your skin.
- Then apply a light dewy foundations and cover up any imperfections with a long lasting concealer.
- If your going for a bronzed look, apply a little bronzer all over your face
- Then go in and apply a little blush to the apples of your cheeks and up into the brow bone.
- Set everything with translucent powder.
- TIP: don’t use anything with SPF, this is will wash you out in all the pics being taken.
Lips: Be Risky and fun!
- I was discussing this look with Flo and we decided a pop of color on the lips would keep it young.
- So do a bright lip! Try a petal pink, or hot pink!
- Nude your lips with a bit of concealer before hand.
- Apply one layer of bright lipstick, blot and then apply another. Keep it in your clutch for touch ups.
- Forget lip liner to keep this look modern.
Hope this helps! Any Qs? makeupwrites.tumblr.com/ask xxx
Dinner Date makeup <3
Q: I have a dinner date on friday and I was wondering if u could do a post on first date make up?
A: First use a makeup primer, you want your makeup to last all evening. Then apply a thin layer of a light creamy foundation. You want to make sure that you look like you have flawless skin naturally so don’t apply too much. Next use a concealer on your under eyes and any blemishes or imperfections you want to hide, at the moment I am loving Max factors master touch concealer. It has great coverage! Use a creamy blush on the apples of your cheeks in a pretty pink colour. You want to look like you are blushing! Using a cream product is a good idea because it will look much more natural than powder. Use a cream highlighter on your cheek bones, cupids bow and down the bridge of your nose. Set all of your face makeup with a pressed powder, make sure you don’t use too much!
Fill in your brows with a pencil or shadow softly. Set with clear brow gel. For eyes I would say use shimmery shadows in natural colours. The sleek storm pallet has great colours in the top part. If you are contorting use matte shadows as that will use more natural. Line your eyes with a cream eyeliner in a brown or navy colour. This is nicer than black because it is less harsh and we want to create a soft femenine look. Curl your lashes and apply mascara, if you want apply fake lashes but use individuals not strips.
Use lipbalm and a lip scrub so you get a soft and smooth pucker (you know why!!!). Use creamy lipstick in a colour of your choice, since your eyes are natural you can afford to use quite a bight colour. I would recommend a peach or pink as they are girly colours.
Hope that was helpful and have fun on your date, you should let use know how it goes!!!
Spice up your eye makeup for spring!
Getting bored of those dark plum and grey winter shadows? Why not try one of these tricks to make your peepers pop and remind you of warmer days!
- Lemon liner- crazy as it sound it actually looks really cute if you do a crisp line about your lashes! This works with any colour but yellow will give you a sunny feel (which we all need on these gray day)
- Sparkly mascara- Take a lose eyeshadow in a sparkly shade and role your wet mascara wand in it before coating your lashes. You can do this with a pressed shadow too by sprinkling it on with a brush.
- Neon shadow- take a cream shadow in a really bright colour and swipe it on with your finger above your lashes. It does not matter if it doesn’t look neat- imperfect is COOL!
- reverse liner- Use a white liner above your lashes and then line in your crease with a black liner. This looks really cool and will make the whites of your eyes POP!
Hope this gave you a few ideas for spicing up your every day makeup!
Fresh Face Minimal Makeup Tutorial.
Q: More Makeup Tutorials Please! -anon.
A: Yes, we will do a series of makeup tutorials ranging from celeb inspired to very natural like this one!
Willa writes… I know how hard to can be to achieve that fresh faced look within a relatively small time limit. All you want is a polished, prettier version of yourself with minimal makeup required and I will help you get there! Follow these steps for a quick effortlessly natural look:
- Cleanse and Moisturize face, so you start off with a clean face! You want your skin to look as bright and healthy as possible for this look.
- Apply and under-eye concealer using your fingers or a fluffy eyeshadow brush. Having no under-eye circles will brighten up your eyes and whole face.
- Use a tinted moisturizer or very light foundation that you can just blend in with your fingers, this will get rid of any redness.
- If you have a few spots go back in with a concealer or foundation stick to cover them. If not, skip this step.
- Apply some yellow based powder to you T-zone, but not too much, just a light veil.
- Use a stippling brush to apply a blush of your choice and sweep a small amount over your cheek. Something pink or peachy toned which isn’t too dark or pigmented will brighten you up.
- Curl your lashes and brush brows or fill in as necessary.
- Grab a flat-top eyeliner brush and gel liner. Push the liner into the roots of your upper lashes to thicken your lash line. This is a subtle move but will make a difference. If you find it awkward to get there, tilt your head slightly backwards and look down into a mirror while gently pulling up your lashes to get to the very lash line.
- If your lashes are naturally dark don’t use mascara. If not use a felt-tip style liner and run it along your lashes to tint them a few shades darker.
- For lips, apply a balm and blot. Then if wanted apply a sheer natural gloss or a nude lipstick.
This will bring out your natural beauty and make you feel more confident than going out with no makeup! Enjoy! xx