Award Winner: Jane Iredale Eye-Lash Primer
Eye-lash Primer? “Meh..” was my first thought! But after getting a sample of this gem my opinion has changed!
Jane Iredale specializes in Mineral products and has worked with surgeons and dermatologists to perfect her beauty line! This Lash Condtioner shows all the hard work has payed off as they have created a primer that really works!
Apply this before mascara/without anything to instantly transform your lashes into being thicker, longer and more defined. This white product dries up clear after a few minutes so you can wear it alone for a naturally open-eyed look (which I sport regularly). Or apply mascara straight after its applied for a false-lash effect.
Its 9g of product which is pretty good and I reckon this tube will last for a while. Being only £13, its a lot cheaper than many other designer primers such as Lancome or Estee Lauder which can cost up to £30.
Its a “suit-all” product and will work for anyones lashes! Plus it makes removing mascara easier and allows less fall-out of lashes; Many added bonuses :D Give this a go if your in search of a new Eyelash primer that does make a difference!
Any Qs or Requests? Xxxx
Hello :) Plus Recent Product Round-up!
Hello and Sorry! Its been ages since a post from me.. But we’re getting back on it!
So to start us off here’s a Little round up of all the products I’ve recently been loving:
- Estee Lauder Satin Creme Blush in Nude Light: This Satin finish cream blush is the perfect muted peachy-nude for autumn, It leaves a lovely cool-toned skin-finish shimmer sheen on the cheek bones! Best applied with fingers or a flat-top stippling brush for a natural effect
- Bourjouis Intense Exrait in 03: These new shadows from Bourjois are a newer, intense version of the classic “little round pot” claiming to be 2 times more intense in one sweep! And yes they are! This matt pink with a sparkling shimmer is very Nars-esque and great for the evening!
- Bourjois Intense Extrait in 09: This matt grey/brown is perfect to sweep along the lashline with an angled brush for effortless definition.
- Bourjois 10 days Nail Polish in 17: I am a fan of these “10-day” polishes! Sure they don’t last for “10 days” but they do a pretty good job! And I love this deep cherry red for Winter
- No.7 Lash Adapt Mascara in Black/brown: This new mascara from No.7 is full on Volume which is what I look for in a mascara. Its super build-able so you can get any look from natural to evening look. Also this brown/black is the perfect combo!
- L’oreal Super Liner Luminizer Hazel Eyes: This liquid, almost water based liner is perfect for a quick pick-me-up. Its got an easy spongy tip and the purple really brings out the brown in my eyes.
- Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip balm: IN LOVE with this balm! It tastes like lemon tarte and works like a treat on dry lips! Hmmmm yum .
What do you think?! I would highly recommend all of these!
Any Qs? Xxx
P.s. More posts on their way!
Stop being Picky!!
A Common problem: Picking Pimples! We’ve had a few questions on how to stop this horrible habit! Picking off your pimples can lead to scarring, infection, etc.. -Not fun!
So follow these tips to resist the temptation:
- Don’t touch it! This may seem simple but is the toughest yet! Throughout the day keep hands off any sensetive areas!
- Apply a little “anti-blemish”, clay-mask, to it over night! Try Elemis lavender repair mask! You can leave this on while you sleep to help dry out the spot!
- Grab a Q-tip and dip it into a bit of tea-tree oil. Dab this on the spot after your moisturizer in the morning to prevent any bacteria through the day!
- Try a Salicylic Acid lotion! Dabbing a bit of this on will minimize the spot while you sleep! Drying Lotion £17.50 Mario Badescu
Hope this helps! And STOP BEING PICKY! haha ;)
Any Qs? xx
Instant Transformation: Blondes.
The Second in the series that shows you what makeup you need to enhance your natural beauty!
So if you have a fair complexion with blonde hair these products will really make a difference to your look:
- Brow pencil/powder -look for a taupe shade
- Brown Mascara -to softly define eyes
- Brown/black eyeliner -smudge this inbetween lashes to thicken lash line
- Concealer, all you need to gently even out your complexion
- Sheer Blush -If your prone to flushing skip this.
- Tinted balm -To give a shot of colour to the lips.
Now say hello to a naturally new you! Any Qs? xx
The Right way to apply your Face Cream!
Just slapping on some face cream every morning may seem like the simple thing to do. But spend a minute doing it properly and you will really reap the results!
Learn our tips on how to make the most from your moisturizer:
- Start by dotting your face cream evenly all over you face.
- Then starting at your chin/jawline massage upwards in circular motions, because this is the direction you want your face to go!
- When you reach your delicate eye area, sweep your fingers along the brow bone moving outwards then back under the eye towards the nose. Repeat a few times as this will wake up tired eyes
- Then end with the forehead and work outwards and upwards!
Giving you face this mini massage twice a day will boost circulation and lymphatic draining! Give it a go :)
Any Qs? Xx
Here are some Qs you asked us this week :)
Q: Is the Estee Lauder BB Cream a pale shade?
A: Yes is it fairly pale. Fair to Medium skin tones could wear it but any darker would be risky!
Q: What are good skincare brands?
A: Some Trustworthy Brands:
But steer clear of clean and clear and other super hash cleansers- if you use them on the wrong skin type they can actually give you acne as they irritate your skin!
Q: Any tips on whitening underarms?
A: Try squeezing a lemon in half and in the bath rubbing it in circlular motions against your arm-pit. This will naturally whiten your arm pit. Alternatively try using your body of face scrub on your underarms once a week to help get rid of dead skin which can make it look darker.
Q: Hi, I am getting the odd breakout was wondering if you know of any products that get rid of them?- Stella
A: Try a treatment night cream like Elemis SOS emergency cream or Estee Lauder recovery serum. These work to help detoxify and repair skin. Alternatively look for products with lavender to help balance and reduce redness, try Elemis Herbal repair mask. Or leave a clarifing mask on the spot overnight to help dry it out! Also try skipping out on wearing makeup that day to give your skin a break!
Back to School Basics.
Who wants to update their makeup bag for Back to School/Work? I do!
Just Replacing a few essentials in the makeup bag for Back to School can make a big difference! Here are some hot new items that you will love for september:
- Revlon Grow Luscious Eyeliner. This pencil applies like gel! Just a soft touch of the hand is needed to get a perfectly smooth line.
- Jane Iredale PureLash Conditioner. This is an amazing lash primer, it makes your mascara last all day while not irritating your eyes!
- Estee Lauder BB Cream. I’m sure you’ve all heard of the Blemish Balm! But this is a great one to try out, the formula is beautifully light!
- No.7 Stay Perfect Nail Colour in So Simple. New to their Nail Polish range this is the perfect nude for school/work.
- Maybelline Colour Sensational Lip Stains. These smell gorgeous and come in lots of shades!
- Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm. This is all natural and lasts hours on the lips! Apply first period and not have to top up till lunch, its super nourishing
Anys Qs? Xx
Spend more time in Bed!
Yes, Set your alarm 10 minutes later for tomorrow morning as I am going to show you some time-saving tips to add to your morning routine! These multitasking tips are sure to give you those treasured few more minutes in bed :) Bliss!
- When cleansing in the morning skip your face wash, instead splash your face with water and just tone and moisturize. This will save a few minutes and isn’t bad for you as your face should be cleansed from the night before anyway!
- Smooth on a foundation using your fingers with a silky matt finish! The matt finish will stop you having to powder on top!
- Rather than faffing around with tons of lip products grab a gloss/balm and swipe this on as you leave the house. Try Mac Tinted Lip conditoner or Clarins Lip Perfector, These will polish your look and condition your lips.
- Grab your fave lipstick and patt some on your cheeks for instant glow! Then swipe some on your lips!
- When filling in your brows use an angled brush with powder. This way you can use the same product to line your eyes for soft focus definition!
- Don’t bother with a full on multi-shadow look, One colour across the lid can look just as chic. Try a champagne or dirty gold.
- If you don’t have time for a full face of make up just do the face ; concealer, foundation, blush. Glowing, flawless skin will make all the difference!
Enjoy! Any Qs? XX
How to: Contour your face!
Q: Hey guys! so i have a question about contoring your cheekbones. how do you do that?
A: Hiya! Here is a simple step-by-step tutorial on how to contour your face successfully!
- Start with your foundation/concealer done.
- Then apply a highlighter using a small narrow stippling brush, or fan brush. Apply it to the tops of your cheekbones and up into the brow bone, creating a squashed C shape. Or if your using a liquid highlighter use your fingers!
- Then apply Blush using a blusher brush to the apples of your cheeks and going up into the hairline. Blending it out so there are no sharp edges.
- Now Grab a contour color, a matte bronzer will do or somthing slightly more taupe-y. Some brands specialize in contour colours, ie mac. Now get a little flat-top brush eg mac 130, or a pointed contouring brush or even and angled/small blush brush. Start where your ear meets your face ( a few centimeters down from your temples) and gently start circling the brush inwards towards your mouth, but obviously don’t go that far! Then re-trace your brush stroke back upwards and go up the side of your face into the temples/hair line. Also sweep the brush along your jaw line and under the chin. Realy buff the colour in to the get the most natural effect as possible!
Hope this Helps! More qs? makeupwrites.tumblr.com xxx
Best Ways to Apply Powder Eyeshadows
Q: I recently bought an eyeshadow palette from Urban Decay! What the best way to use it and reduce fall out? -Em
A: The Urban Decay palette you bought is beautiful btw! So I will go through some of the best ways to use powder eyeshadows and fall out can be such a nuisance!
For High Impact:
- Spray your eyeshadow brush with a bit of water. Use a normal shading brush for this method.
- And go into the powder with your damp brush, you will get a much more pigmented look.
- This works well with shimmery golds and champagne colors up to the crease.
- Or for darker colors apply it along the lash line for a smokey look.
For a Sheer wash:
- Grab a fluffy blending brush.
- Swirl the brush into your desired color.
- Blend into your eye lid and up into your brow bone if its a natural shade.
To reduce fall out:
- No1 Tip: After having dipped your brush into the colour tap of the excess onto the back of your hand. With a powder eyeshadow a lot will come out and little will be left on the brush. But this is OK as you can go in and collect what you tapped off onto the back of your hand ~ So your not wasting any product and your reducing fall out.
- No2 Tip: If this doesn’t work for you before doing your eyeshadow lay a tissue under your eye area and let the fall out collect on that.
- No3 Tip: What I like to do is apply eyeshadow first, before your base, then you can clear up the mess and then apply foundation. Therefore not ruining your base!
Hope this is useful Em! More Qs? makeupwrites.tumblr.com/ask xx
Best way to apply Mascara!
Q: Whats the best way to apply mascara?
A: There are lots of different ways to apply mascara, but this is my favorite method:
- Place the brush horizontally at the base of your lashes.
- Move the brush in a Zig-Zag motion upwards, till you reach the tips of your eye lashes.
- Then to distribute the mascara well just run the brush up your lashes and brush them so they are nicely spaced out.
- Repeat steps 1,2 and 3 if necessary.
- For extra volume and length (maybe for the evening) line your brush vertically against the inner corner of your lash line and just drag the brush to your outer most lashes. This separates them more and makes them appear thicker!
Hope this helps! More Qs? makeupwrites.tumblr.com/ask xxx
Prepare yourself for Summer…
Introducing our new Summer Series of blog posts telling you how to prepare for Summer “The Victoria’s Secret Way”!
Yes thats right, Were going be spilling all the secrets of how to look Victoria’s Secret gorgeous this year! From makeup looks to body toning tricks and great buys to really help you look and feel your sexiest this summer! We want this summer to be the best one yet :)
What do you think of our new Series idea? Any Special Requests/ideas? Any Victorias Secret angels you particularly love and want a tutorial of? Ask us here: makeupwrites.tumblr.com/ask
Prepare to look your ultimate self this Summer with a little help from us! Xxx
How to care for Colored Hair.
You have to treat coloured hair differently to un-coloured hair! Its way more delicate and prone to breakage, so follow these easy tips to care your hair:
- Get it trimmed regularly, every couple of months should do the trick! Because when your hair is colored it gets drier a lot more easily, so we need to get those dead ends off!
- Use a Clarifying shampoo! This is a great trip to get the most of your new colour and really brighten up the hue! This is good for blonds who use lots of toners and want their original color back.
- Be Gentle! Use a wide-tooth comb to comb damp/wet hair! Coloured hair gets knotty a lot more easily so just gently comb through it and take your time! No tugging!
- Use Deep conditioners regularly! Colored hair can get a little more frizzy than your usual hair, so keep it soft and smooth by using lots of lovely masks!
- Remember heat protectant when using heat! You don’t want to burn/fry your hair!
Hope this helps! Any Qs? makeupwrites.tumblr.com/ask