How to: Flushed Cheeks and Stained lips!
This tutorial how to will show you how to achieve the fall look for Oscar de la Renta, which had strong brows and stained lips and cheeks. I think this look will be BIG for winter as it channels the look of skin after a walk in the snow!
Face: Beautiful flushed cheeks!
- To start off apply a creamy foundation such as maybelline’s dream satin liquid foundation to make your skin look soft and dewey. Follow with a concealer which contains light reflecting pigments.
- Next use a highlighter to brighten your skin. If you don’t know how to apply highlighter check out our post on how to use it here!
- Now for the important bit! To create the flushed cheeks use a stain such as Benefit’s Benetint or Topshop’s berry cheek and lip tint. Warm the stain up between your fingers and then blend onto your cheeks. Less is more when it comes to stains as you can always layer more on and its harder to correct your mistakes if you put to much on the first time.
- Lastly, apply a light layer of translucent powder to set your makeup!
Eyes: Focus on your brows!
- Brush your brows into place using a brow brush and then fill them in densly with a brow pencil such as Benefit’s instant brow. For a more believable effect use short strokes to mimic the look for hairs. Set with a clear brow gel.
- Use a little natural eyeshadow in a dark sandy colour to sculpt your eyes. Use it underneath and in your socket line, but blend out so there are no harsh edges.
- To finish off curl your lashes and apply just a little brown mascara.
Lips: Use a stain!
- Use the same stain as you did on your cheeks and pat a couple of layers of it onto your lips, concentrating on the centre and bottom lip to make them look fuller.
- Use a little balm on top to give them a creamy look. Try the body shop lip oil or EOS lipbalm!
Have fun and good luck! Any Q’s?