Classic Back-to-School Makeup.
We know you don’t have ages to waste putting on makeup every morning before school/work! So follow this simple look for instant pretty :)
Face: Blush is key !
- Start by swiftly covering any blemishes with your fave long-wear concealer. Try L’oreal Colour Infaillable Concealer.
- Then powder your face. Skip foundation as the powder will even out skin-tone while mattifying! Try Dior Nude Glow sculpting powder.
- Then grab a powder blush the same tone as your natural lip-colour and swirl on your apples.
Eyes: Nothing too grungy!
- Keep it clean by just lining the upper lash-line with a waterproof gel liner. No Flick!
- Then load on a lengthening mascara again just to the top lashes!
Lips: Rosey Pout!
- We can’t go more classic then a lip stain! Grab one in a berry shade and apply for the bitten look!
- You can top it up with lip balm throughout the day!
You should now looked polished, pretty and a classic beauty! Forget the trends with this look ;P Any Qs?
5 Tips to Long Lasting Makeup!
School/ Work is coming near, so we need our makeup to last all day! Here are some tips to Durable Makeup!
- After Cleansing use a balancing Toner. This will refine your pores and balance out oil production. Try Elemis Lavender Balancing Toner.
- To Prep your skin apply a Skin Perfecting Primer. A silky Primer will tighten pores further and create a long lasting base for your makeup. Try No.7 Stay Perfect Primer (Limited Edit.) This one also helps prevent blemishes!
- Do your foundation according to your skin type! Oily Skin—> Try one with a matte finish, either powder or liquid, Try Lancome Silky Matte. Dry Skin—-> Try a duey finish, probably liquid, Try DiorSkin Healthy Glow Foundation. This is a simple tip but many mistake it!
- Less is More. Don’t cake on any makeup, it will just crease and melt away. Your likely to get staying power if you apply a few thin layers, This counts for concealer, foundation, eyeshadow and lipstick!
- Use Tissue to Blot excess oils. Throughout the day you will notice your skin getting oily, its pointless to directly apply more powder so lightly press a face tissue onto your oily parts. Then set with powder.
Any Qs? Xx
Back to School Basics.
Who wants to update their makeup bag for Back to School/Work? I do!
Just Replacing a few essentials in the makeup bag for Back to School can make a big difference! Here are some hot new items that you will love for september:
- Revlon Grow Luscious Eyeliner. This pencil applies like gel! Just a soft touch of the hand is needed to get a perfectly smooth line.
- Jane Iredale PureLash Conditioner. This is an amazing lash primer, it makes your mascara last all day while not irritating your eyes!
- Estee Lauder BB Cream. I’m sure you’ve all heard of the Blemish Balm! But this is a great one to try out, the formula is beautifully light!
- No.7 Stay Perfect Nail Colour in So Simple. New to their Nail Polish range this is the perfect nude for school/work.
- Maybelline Colour Sensational Lip Stains. These smell gorgeous and come in lots of shades!
- Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm. This is all natural and lasts hours on the lips! Apply first period and not have to top up till lunch, its super nourishing
Anys Qs? Xx
Daily Routine; School
Here is my Daily Routine for a quick and easy look that would be perfect for school:
Most of the time before school I don’t have time to cleanse my face in the morning, so I make sure I do it really well the night before.
- Apply Eye cream to brighten and de-puff under-eye area.
- Apply Under-eye concealer with finger.
- Buff in Mineral Foundation with flat-top powder foundation brush.
- Apply Mineral Blush to cheeks in a peachy shade.
You could stop here and leave eyes and lips natural if your really pushed for time as this will brighten up your face which gives an all over awake effect. As we have used powder foundation there is no need to set with powder! But keep on reading for the eyes:
- Get a taupey, matte brown (not too dark) almost like a contour colour and shade in the eye area up till the crease and a little under the eye. This will define your eyes.
- Grab a pigmented waterproof wind-up liner and glide a line over the lash line with no flick to save time. Practice doing this so you can do it in one go!
- Apply a defining and volumizing mascara, not one that makes your lashes too clumpy as you will then have to comb them through wasting time.
- Lastly apply a little pale pink or light shadow in your inner corner to wake you up!
For Lips I would stick with a stain or pat in some mat lipstick to give a stain effect, this is long lasting and you can apply balm over it throughout the day.