Avene cleanance gel cleanser review
Hey girlies! Today I’m going to do a review on the Avene cleanance gel soapless cleanser as I’ve been using it regularly for the past couple of months and I’ve got through at least 3 bottles of it so, I can safely give you an accurate review!
This cleanser is designed for oily/blemish prone skin but I think it works very well for combination skin (which is what I have) and that it perhaps would not be potent or strong enough to treat chronic acne, but don’t quote me on that. It worked great for me and I really like it! Unlike most cleansers for combination skin it did not dry out my cheeks and chin area but it still successfully removed the excess oil from my t-zone and has helped to get rid of any blemishes.
The formula is a liquid-y gel but foams up when you apply it. I’ve been using a scrublet with it but it works fine with out, thats just what I prefer personally.
Oddly enough, it smells like soap even though it doesn’t contain any, but the smells not unpleasant.
I would defiantly recommend this cleanser as I think it works really well and its not too expensive (I don’t have the exact price but I think its around £10-12)
I would rate this 8/10
Tip- if your looking for a cleanser for combination skin check out the ingredients, look for stuff like salicylic and lactic acid (they help to remove dead skin and excess sebum on your skin without drying it out!).
Any questions about skin care? Ask here: http://makeupwrites.tumblr.com/ask
What I’m loving this month
Hey guys, sorry its been so long! But today I thought I would let you know what products I have been loving this month, so lets get started-
- Rimmel colour mousse eyeshadow in 005 Glitz- This is AMAZING! The colour is perfect for the day because it is almost the same shade as my skin but shimmery so you get a pretty natural look. It lasts along time too, when you apply it sets and after that it won’t fade or crease so for me this is a must buy.
- Bobbi Brown Long-wear gel eyeliner in 1 Black Ink- we have said we love this product before and I am saying it again. This is the best gel eyeliner I have ever used and the colour range is fab (although I recommend getting black as it is a staple colour).
- 17 mirror shine lipstick in Beehive- this is the perfect nude summer lipstick. Its mosturing like a gloss but has much more staying power. I would also say that if you were interested by the new glossy chanel lipsticks then this is a great dupe.
- Revlon colourstay eyeliner in brown- one of the best eye pencils I have ever come across. Its super pigmented and glides on smoothly (it literally takes seconds to put on). I deffo recommend this to everyone.
- Benefits Benetint and Posietint- In case you hadn’t noticed I LOVE stains and I have loads but these two are some of my favourites. The colours are pretty and fresh and they really do have staying power.
- ELF mineral blusher in Rose- for £3.50 this is a real bargain as it is highly pigmented and applies like a luxury brands blush would. I really like the shade rose, which is a pretty pinky peach and perfect for a summery look.
- Maybelline dream lumitouch highlighting concealer- this is a new product which I got after having a good experience with the liquid foundation version. This coverage of this concealer is great and it doesn’t crease or fade throughout the day. My only problem with this product is the brush that it comes with is very harsh and cheap so I prefer to put the concealer on the back of my hand and apply with a brush.
I hope that was interesting and I would love to know what you’ve been loving this month or even what your all time favourite products are, so put it in our ask box please!
Review: Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer
Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Ultimate wear Concealer
“Conceals Flaws and Blemishes for up to 16 hours. Transfer Resistant”
Having heard so much hype about this concealer via the youtube gurus I had to try it out for myself! I’m always up for a good new concealer as it can be really hard to find one that ticks all the boxes! And this one did really well for me!
Before I start I have been using this to cover dark under-eye circles…
First of all I will mention the good! Its has a super long staying power, It lasts about a day of wear. It will start to crease a little throughout the day, but nothing drastic, if your just run your finger under your eye it will smooth out the line. Its got a great consistency, not too runny making it easy to apply with your finger. Additionally its coverage is just right and gives a natural effect!
It comes in a tube with a doe-top applicator. Im not too keen on apply it directly to your face (unhygienic) but I roll a bit on the back of my hand and take it from there. To apply it I simply pat it in with my ring finger. Another thing I wasn’t too sure about was the tone, I got mine in Light no.2, but it seems a little pink toned when I prefer more yellow tones to bases. But this didn’t bother me much when it was on.
Overall I really like this concealer and will be wearing it on a regular basis. Its comparable to Mac pro-long wear concealer but I prefer the packaging and consistency of the Collection 2000. Its only £4 and fully worth a go! It available in Boots and Superdrug.
Would I re-purchase? : Yes!