Q. How to get rid of pimples and prevent them from coming back? I’ve been having break-outs and IDK what to do with my face. I wash my face every morning when I wake up and before I go to sleep.
A. I feel your pain! I hate hate breakouts! I would say that to deal with yours you need to up your skin care routine from just washing your face because that may not be enough! Try face scrubs, clay masks, spot treatments and toners to treat the spots and help dry them out! However, please don’t pick at your spots- its the worst thing you can do because its makes the spot take a lot longer to go away! So whilst it will give you instant gratification you will have to wait much longer for the mark to fade and deal with scaring! Also don’t over dry your face as this can cause more spots to form so make sure you use a light hydrating moisturiser! Drinking tonnes of water will also help to clear your skin up because it will flush the toxins out of your skin! If you want more tips check outs Willa’s post on her skin care routine ! Hope that helps! xx
Q. What are your top acne face washes? drugstore and not drugstore
On the whole I would say that acne face washes are too strong for most people and will over dry your skin, causing more spots! So try combination skin cleansers such as avene cleanance gel (drugstore) or the clinique wash-away cleanser for oily to very oily skin (department store). xx
Q. What are the best eye creams? drugstore
I used to be into eye gels such as the boots cucumber eye gel, but I didn’t really find that they did much for me so on the whole the only drug store ‘eye cream’ that I’ve really found to have done anything for me is graniers tinted eye roll-on, which is great for the morning as it is quick to apply and doubles up as your concealer! In the evening I use a super hydrating eye cream which is department store. xx
Q. right-track-babyyy- sort of primers do you like best?
A. Hey girl! Personally I love the mattifying primers for oily skin because it means that I don’t have to touch up my powder during the day but here are some other options too:
- For oily skin: Sephora Anti-Shine Primer
- For normal skin: L’Oreal Paris Studio Secrets Smoothing resurfacing primer
- For dry skin: Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base
Hope that helps!
Any more Q’s? xx
Fake a perfect complexion!
Q: Whats the best way to cover/conceal a spot, without the skin getting dry and disgusting? thank you -Jen
A: Hey Jen, thanks for your question! First of all I suggest that you try changing your skin care routine if you are getting a lot of spots- its better to treat them rather than just hide them! But of course, all of us end up with blemishes from time to time so here is how I conceal and hide them:
- First of all I like to apply a little spot treatment to the spot to help treat it whilst I wear my makeup. The ones from Avene and Clarins are great!
- Next I apply my foundation on top as normal. However make sure you don’t try to cover the spot with foundation- thats not what its for! Don’t do this if you use powder foundation, you’ll be using it on top as your setting powder.
- Take a concealer with a thick consistency, such as Benefits erase paste, and using a very small concealer brush, dap it directly on the spot avoiding the surrounding area. By doing this you are only highlighting the blemish!
- Finally use a puff with powder to set all your hard work!
If you follow these steps then your spot should be much less noticeable. As for worrying about dryness and general ugliness, I would say that using a q-tip to apply your spot treatment or what ever you choose to use on the area will stop the surrounding from getting dried out.
I recommend that if you have a spot, say, on your forehead, then you should play up the skin on your cheeks by using a pretty blusher in a bright pink or peach. Or if the spots are on your cheeks, play up your eyes! Its all about down playing that area so peoples eyes aren’t drawn to it.
Hope that gave you some useful advise! xxxx
Any more Q’s? Ask here: http://makeupwrites.tumblr.com/ask
1. How do you get your nails so perfect ?
Willa : Use a nail clipper regularly and apply cuticle oil
Flo: file and push back cuticles
2. What’s your spot treatment?
Willa : Tea Tree Oil!
3. What’s your favourite body moisturizer ?Willa : Burts Bees Milk and Honey Body Lotion
Flo: Palmers coco butter
4. What’s your daily routine like? school/home/work/gym.We will do a separate post on that :)
5. How do you keep neat during the day ?
Willa : Wear Long-lasting products and set face with a yellow toned or translucent powder.
Flo: always bring makeup to touch up with
6. What’s your best place for shopping for bedroom accessories and so on..
Flo: love muji and ikea
7. Shaving or wax ?
Willa : Shaving!
8. How to keep your hair soft , do you blow dry regularly ?
Willa : Use Hair masks regularly and always use a heat protectant.
Flo: I use Kerastase hair oil, Its fab!
9. Favourite perfume?
Willa : Chanel Chance or Ralph by Ralph Lauren or DKNY apply scents
Flo: Loving the DKNY perfumes too!
10- How did you learn to apply make up on ?
Willa : Trial and error!
Flo: YouTube videos and personal experience
~All asked by Kim
More Qs? Makeupwrites.tumblr.com/ask
Don’t be shy! Ask us Here: makeupwrites.tumblr.com/ask
Wether its Makeup/Hair/Health related we will try our best to answer it! xxx