Award Winner: Jane Iredale Eye-Lash Primer
Eye-lash Primer? “Meh..” was my first thought! But after getting a sample of this gem my opinion has changed!
Jane Iredale specializes in Mineral products and has worked with surgeons and dermatologists to perfect her beauty line! This Lash Condtioner shows all the hard work has payed off as they have created a primer that really works!
Apply this before mascara/without anything to instantly transform your lashes into being thicker, longer and more defined. This white product dries up clear after a few minutes so you can wear it alone for a naturally open-eyed look (which I sport regularly). Or apply mascara straight after its applied for a false-lash effect.
Its 9g of product which is pretty good and I reckon this tube will last for a while. Being only £13, its a lot cheaper than many other designer primers such as Lancome or Estee Lauder which can cost up to £30.
Its a “suit-all” product and will work for anyones lashes! Plus it makes removing mascara easier and allows less fall-out of lashes; Many added bonuses :D Give this a go if your in search of a new Eyelash primer that does make a difference!
Any Qs or Requests? Xxxx
Stop being Picky!!
A Common problem: Picking Pimples! We’ve had a few questions on how to stop this horrible habit! Picking off your pimples can lead to scarring, infection, etc.. -Not fun!
So follow these tips to resist the temptation:
- Don’t touch it! This may seem simple but is the toughest yet! Throughout the day keep hands off any sensetive areas!
- Apply a little “anti-blemish”, clay-mask, to it over night! Try Elemis lavender repair mask! You can leave this on while you sleep to help dry out the spot!
- Grab a Q-tip and dip it into a bit of tea-tree oil. Dab this on the spot after your moisturizer in the morning to prevent any bacteria through the day!
- Try a Salicylic Acid lotion! Dabbing a bit of this on will minimize the spot while you sleep! Drying Lotion £17.50 Mario Badescu
Hope this helps! And STOP BEING PICKY! haha ;)
Any Qs? xx
The Right way to apply your Face Cream!
Just slapping on some face cream every morning may seem like the simple thing to do. But spend a minute doing it properly and you will really reap the results!
Learn our tips on how to make the most from your moisturizer:
- Start by dotting your face cream evenly all over you face.
- Then starting at your chin/jawline massage upwards in circular motions, because this is the direction you want your face to go!
- When you reach your delicate eye area, sweep your fingers along the brow bone moving outwards then back under the eye towards the nose. Repeat a few times as this will wake up tired eyes
- Then end with the forehead and work outwards and upwards!
Giving you face this mini massage twice a day will boost circulation and lymphatic draining! Give it a go :)
Any Qs? Xx
5 Tips to Pouty Lips!
Follow this tips to a Plumped Pout :
- Once a week gently scrub your lips with a hot flannel to remove dead skin cells.
- Alternatively make your own scrub; One table spoon of Coconut Oil mixed with some brown sugar! Keep in a little jar and re-use it!
- Every night before bed use a lip treatment. Try Nuxe Reve de Meil Pot Lip balm. This stuff will still be there in the morning- amazing!
- Before applying a drying lipstick/stain use a little Lip Oil. Try Body Shop Lip Oil. This sinks in and creates a great base for lip products!
- Don’t forget to apply lipbalm around your lips to prevent pre-mature wrinkles!
Anys Qs? Xxx
Your Perfect Nude.
Here is a selection of my favourite all-time Nude Polishes!
Left to Right:
- Mavala in Sensuality
- No.7 Stay Perfect in So Simple
- Mavala in Riga
- Nails Inc. in London
- Bourjois 10day Anti-Chip in 13
What are your favourite Nudes? Any Qs? Xx
What are your Beauty Must-haves?
Having those couple of products that you cannot live without really create the basis to your whole makeup collection! Your new buys will be dependent to work in sync with your classics! Heres an idea of some of my beauty Must-haves which I always go back to:
- A Good Primer/Pick me up! Try Clarins Beauty Flash Balm! I use this as a primer only before special occasions, not only does this make it a treat to use but works well when you don’t over-use it. Smooth primers on rather than rubbing them in.
- A Light Base. Try a foundation that you can wear day-in, day-out with a versatile formula and buildable coverage. Try Jemma Kidd Light as Air foundation or Inika Mineral depending on your skin type!
- Long Lasting under-eye Concealer! Creasing under-eye is a big no no, as is dark circles! So find something that covers and lasts. Try Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection or Mac Pro-Long wear or Garnier Tinted Eye gel.
- Good Quality Face/Blush/Bronze Brush! You can apply foundation, primer and concealer with your fingers but for powder a nice brush is necessary! Try brands like Elf, Eco-Tools or Benefit.
- Sheer Bronzer that can be used all year round! Try Nars Laguna which is buildable and will work in winter or summer to warm up your skin!
- An Eyeshadow a few shades darker than your skin, a matte taupe. Try Bobbi Brown in Wheat. You can use this to contour eyes and face and even for brows if your blond. And an eyeshadow in a shimmery champagne colour!
- A Twist up waterproof Liner. Try Chanel Styloe Yeux. Amazing for quick, polish and perfect application.
- A Classic Lip Stick that can double up as a cheek tint. Try a colour a shade darker than your lips. Try Chanel or Yves Saint Laurent for great formulas!
There are just a few key things for me! Thing Like mascara, blush or highlighter I tend to change rather often depending on time of the year.
Now what are your Beauty Must-Haves? Re-Blog and Reply! :)
How to: Treat Dry and Damaged Hair!
Q: Whats the best shampoo and conditioner for dry and damaged hair?
A: Brittle hair is often very fragile, therefore it needs to be taken care of! It’s normally breakable and delicate so here are some products and tips for you to follow:
- Use a Softening Shampoo like Redken All Soft or Elvive Smooth Intense. Also look for products that say to repair hair like L’oreal Professional Intense Repair. These are all nourishing shampoos that are great for moisture-starved hair!
- Either use a very rich Conditioner like V05 Elixer Silky Smooth Conditioner. This is a personal favourite of mine as it contains lots of amazing oils which really aid hair!
- Or Use a Mask for a deeper treatment and leave on while in a hot, steamy shower to let the product work! Try Aussie’s 3 minute Miracles!
- Using all the conditioners and masks are very well, only on the the terms that you wash them out thoroughly! I cannot stress how important it is to wash them out! It will not only limit drying time but leave hair light and bouncy!
- Then use an a light leave-in treatment! Try Redken Anti-Snap, one of my favourites when applied to damp hair!
- Then your favorite heat-protectant concentrating on the ends, front and top layers of your hair! Try Tresemme Heat Defence,
Try out some of these products mentioned and say hello to your new soft, nurtured hair! Hope it helped!
Any Qs? Xx
Tips for Thick, Lush, Long Hair!
Q: How do I get healthy looking hair, thick and long like Kim Kardashian ?? -Lara.
A: Hey Lara! Follow these tips to Healthy looking hair in no time:
- When you shampoo give your scalp a mini massage with your finger-tips, not nails, to stimulate growth.
- When using a hair mask or conditioner always leave it in for at least 3 minutes and comb it through to spread it evenly.
- Use a Hair Mask at least once a week and wrap your hair in a towel and leave for 20 minutes. If you can, blast it with a hair-dryer for a bit to really let the product work!
- Always use hair-protectant!
- Brush your hair everyday using a bristle brush like Mason and Pearson to not only make it grow faster, but enhance shine and quality!
- Go for regular trims to keep your hair healthy and this also allows it to grow more! Try to go every few months if your trying to grow your hair long like Kim’s.
Hope this helps! More Qs? XX
Poolside Hair-Care Tips!
Sun, Chorine and Salt water can really dry out your locks! So Learn how to keep your hair looking sexy (and in great condition) while at the pool or beach, the Victoria’s Secret way of course!
Follow these tips to lovely locks:
- If your planning to get your hair wet, apply a mask to your hair at the start of the day and leave it in throughout the day! Comb it through an tie you hair into a chic bun! Not only will this give you a deep treatment but it will also protect you hair from the sun and look chic!
- If you want to leave your hair dry, carry around a mini salt spray and spritz it in your hair every now and again to perk up the beachy waves you will naturally get!
- Or to prevent frizz and protect colour carry around a spray-serum with sun protection to spray onto your ends!
- Change your parting every so often to prevent sun-burn on your scalp!
- Bring a wide-toothed comb to comb out your hair. This will make your hair tangle free faster!
- At the end of the day use a clarifying shampoo to wash all the sand, salt and residue out of your hair! And remember, be gentle!
- Let your hair air-dry! Try to use as little heat on your hair when on a beach holiday! You hair gets enough heat from the sun! Instead try using my heat-free curls or plait your hair! But if you cant live without heat, try just blow-drying the front bits, like your bangs!
Good luck and Have fun! Any Qs? :)
Product Love: Mac Semi-Precious Skin Finish!
I went to Mac today and picked up a Mineralize Skin Finish from their Semi Precious Collection! I have wanted to buy Soft and Gentle (normal line) for a while now but today decided to get Semi Precious Pearl (Pic below) and am in-love with it!
The base colour is very similar to Soft and Gentle, yet less glittery and more of a soft shimmer. Its a great gold under toned highlight colour! The colour in the middle works really well as a blush! Its a super natural shade and quite intense! And if you mix them you get a paler pink blush. So you really are getting 3 products for the price of one!
Swatch: Base, Middle and Mixed.
These MSFs from the new collection are less pigmented than the normal MSFs, the product comes out harder, which in a way is better so you wont over-use it! So definitely pop into Mac have a look at them before the are sold-out ~Some really gorgeous shades! £20.50.
Any Questions? Ask Us :)
Tips for Fresh Makeup in the Summer!
Q: Hey! I was wondering if your girls have any tips on making my makeup stay fresh all day during this hot weather? I find it creasing and melting off! -Daisy.
A: Hello Daisy! Here are some tips for you to follow to keep your face looking fresh and sweat-proof all day long!
- Less is More. Keep face makeup to a minimum in the Summer. It will only clog your pores and feel heavy. So try a tinted moisturizer or some mineral foundation instead!
- If coverage is needed, go for a long-wear foundation and set with a fixing powder for maximum lasting power!
- A long-wear under-eye concealer is a must! Creasing is not cute!
- Set your makeup with a light veil of mineral brightening powder to keep shine at bay and make your base last! Try Korres Wild-rose Brightening powder!
- Give Lip/cheek stains a go! They are waterproof and very light -Perfect for summer! Try Benetint!
- Carry a Face mist around with you! Spritz this on whenever your makeup is starting to feel tired and it will instantly perk you up! Try Avene thermal water!
- Try a minty lipgloss to cool you off in the summer heat! Trust me, this really works to freshen you up :)
- Carry Blotting Papers around with you. Its better to remove excess oil rather than apply more powder over it!
Hope this Helps!
Anyone else have a Question? Ask Here !! xxx
Simple and Fresh-Faced Prom Look.
Many of you may have your Prom or Deb coming up! So heres a simply and easy fresh-faced look!
Eyes: Natural Beauty!
- Prime all over the lid with a skin colored eye primer.
- Grab a contouring color (wheaty colour) and contour into the socket and along the lash line and a little under the eye. This will give your eye some definition.
- Find a gel or cream liner in a brown, I like Elf coffee, and line your lash line and create a flick, with guidance of your lower lash line.
- Get a matte cream/white colored eyeshadow and use it in the inner corners and brow bone.
- Use a brown volumizing and lengthening mascara just on your top lashes keeping your bottom lashes bare. Apply a few layers.
Face: Keep it fresh!
- Use a primer, try Clarins Beauty Balm, which brightens your skin. But don’t rub primers in, smooth them over your skin.
- Then apply a light dewy foundations and cover up any imperfections with a long lasting concealer.
- If your going for a bronzed look, apply a little bronzer all over your face
- Then go in and apply a little blush to the apples of your cheeks and up into the brow bone.
- Set everything with translucent powder.
- TIP: don’t use anything with SPF, this is will wash you out in all the pics being taken.
Lips: Be Risky and fun!
- I was discussing this look with Flo and we decided a pop of color on the lips would keep it young.
- So do a bright lip! Try a petal pink, or hot pink!
- Nude your lips with a bit of concealer before hand.
- Apply one layer of bright lipstick, blot and then apply another. Keep it in your clutch for touch ups.
- Forget lip liner to keep this look modern.
Hope this helps! Any Qs? makeupwrites.tumblr.com/ask xxx
Plump your Pout ;)
We Recently got a Q from FariWu on which Lip Plumping Gloss is the best, So I decided to do a little routine on how to get the perfectly plumped pout of a VS angel! Enjoy ~
Make a Lip Scrub: Scrub away dead skin cells and revel your lips!
- One teaspoon of Brown Sugar
- One teaspoon of runny honey
- One teaspoon of coconut oil/olive oil
Mix these ingredients in a little pot and scrub onto your lips! It tastes amazing and will leave your lips feeling juicy!
Lip Balm: Scrubs can be harsh sometimes so be sure to apply a hydrating lip balm.
- TIP: One with a minty or cinnamon flavor will make your lips appear bigger, so try Burts Bees. These two ingredients are natural lip plumpers.
Lip Plumper: Add some shine with the benefit of a built in plumper!
Flo and I both LOVE:
- Buxom Lip Plumper from Bare Minerals.
It leaves the most amazing tingly feeling and tastes lovely, it also comes in a range of colors so you can find one to suit you! Bambi is my fave colour! Plus its free from parabens! Whoohoo!
Finishing Touch: Apply a little highlighter to your cupids bow and also a dot in the center of your lips for full on volume!
Good Luck! Qs? Makeupwrites.tumblr.com xx