Affordable Blushers, all under £8 :)
Buy a blush that is fairly cheap is always a good option when it come to makeup shopping! It means you can purchase a couple different shades/finishes for different occasions!
Here are come good high-street brands with good blusher ranges:
- Bourjois, Round Pot Blushers, around £7.
- Revlon, Matt Blusher,£8
- Max Factor, Creamy Blusher, £7
- Maybelline, Dream soft blush, £7
- ELF, Mineral Blush, £3.50
Give them ago and see which ones suit you best! If you have dry skin try the Max Factor or Maybelline one whereas if your oily go for the Revlon!
Good Luck! Any Qs? Xx
Powder Blush for your skin Colour !
It has been highly requested to do a “What Powder Blush for my skin type?” Post! So here we go ..
- Very Pale Skin: Go for soft yet bright pastels, nothing dirty or brown
- Light Skin: Pale shades of pink and peach
- Medium: A Sandier Pink to tawny tones
- Yellow/Olive: Rose/Rasberry tones, go deeper!
- Dark/Black: Try a deep plum or cherry shade!
Powder formula is great for anyone and everyone! Its fool-proof and works on all skin types. Don’t go for one with chunky glitter or too much high-impact shimmer. Something sheer and build able is great!
Use an Angled Blush Brush (Benefit has a fab one) and tap of any excess, then apply in sweeping layers!
Good luck :) Any Qs?
Fresh Summer Look (tutorial)
Hey everyone! Hope everyones doing great! Today’s post is a tutorial for a look that I have been wearing frequently in the recent weeks. It’s a pretty and fresh summer look, perfect for the day, and has a super cute pink lip! So lets get started:
Face: reduce shine and oil!
- Start off by smoothing a mattifing primer over your face too keep it shine-free. Try Sephora’s anti-shine primer.
- Next apply you’re favourite base with a foundation brush and then blend out around the hairline, chin and nose with a sponge- I love the egg shaped ones!
- Using the same sponge apply concealer and cover-up too all your still showing blemishes and dark shadows.
- Lastly, use a creme stick blusher on the apples of your cheeks and blend up onto your cheek bones, giving you a pretty flushed look! Try NYC’s creme stick in Big Apple Blush.
- Set all you’re hard work with a pressed powder.
Eyes: keep it simple and play up your lips!
- Firstly fill in your brows with a pencil and then set them with a powder to extend staying time! If you’re rushed for time go for pencil alone. Try and make them look dense and full, it looks much fresher and younger.
- Use a matt neutral toned on you’re lids and then use a dark brown or black gel liner to tight line you’re top lash line- making your eye lashes look fuller and thicker!
- Curl your lashes and then apply two coats of a volumeising mascara.
Lips: Make them stand out with a bright pink!
- Use a lip scrub to make you’re lips smooth and soft before you apply a bright pink lipstain. Try Revlon’s just bitten lipstain + balm in Passion.
- Then over the top layer a pink gloss or shiny lipstick to make you’re lips the centre of attention! Try clarins lipstick in 709 or buxom lipgloss in Kanani.
P.S. It looks best if you choose a gloss that doesn’t have glitter or shimmer in it!
Hope gave you some ideas for a new summer look! What’s been you’re favourite makeup to do for summer?
Try Ombre Nails if you can’t decide what nail Polish to wear! Just grab different shades of the same colour! Or Mix some to create custom colours! I did mine with different shades of Coral :)
Another nail obsession of mine would have to be Neon Nails! I love them and are constantly looking for the perfect flushed shades! So check out my top 5 bright polishes:
From left to right:
- Pop nail glam in Violetta
- Collection 2000 Hot looks in Swizzles
- Max Factor mini polish in Bright orange
- Max Factor mini polish in Diva Coral
- Nina Ultra Pro in Fuchsia Rage
My favorite would have to be Pop nail glam in Violetta, its the pefect neon purple which is rare to find on the high street! These vivid colors look best on short nails!
What are your best-loved striking neons? Tell us here :)
Plump your Pout ;)
We Recently got a Q from FariWu on which Lip Plumping Gloss is the best, So I decided to do a little routine on how to get the perfectly plumped pout of a VS angel! Enjoy ~
Make a Lip Scrub: Scrub away dead skin cells and revel your lips!
- One teaspoon of Brown Sugar
- One teaspoon of runny honey
- One teaspoon of coconut oil/olive oil
Mix these ingredients in a little pot and scrub onto your lips! It tastes amazing and will leave your lips feeling juicy!
Lip Balm: Scrubs can be harsh sometimes so be sure to apply a hydrating lip balm.
- TIP: One with a minty or cinnamon flavor will make your lips appear bigger, so try Burts Bees. These two ingredients are natural lip plumpers.
Lip Plumper: Add some shine with the benefit of a built in plumper!
Flo and I both LOVE:
- Buxom Lip Plumper from Bare Minerals.
It leaves the most amazing tingly feeling and tastes lovely, it also comes in a range of colors so you can find one to suit you! Bambi is my fave colour! Plus its free from parabens! Whoohoo!
Finishing Touch: Apply a little highlighter to your cupids bow and also a dot in the center of your lips for full on volume!
Good Luck! Qs? Makeupwrites.tumblr.com xx
Elf Studio Lip Conditioner!
For those of you who like Mac’s Tinted Lip Conditioner this is something for you to look out for! Elf’s Studio line Conditioning Lip Balms :
I heard these are really good but not available in the UK yet :( They come in a range of colors from super natural to a pop of pink! They will be £3.50 and hopefully coming to the UK soon as I am really keen to try them! I don’t own any of the Mac Lip conditioners, but Flo does and she loves them! So I am deff up for trying a cheaper version! xxx
(Picture found on http://www.musingsofamuse.com)
Three Polishes that really brighten up my day this time of the year :
- No.7 Stay Perfect in Spice (Limited Edition but try Maxfactor in Diva Coral as a dupe) ~Its a pale fluo peach colour.
- LA Colours in Atomic (Found at Westfield London for £1 at Beauty Base) ~Bright teal green with blue undertones.
- Maxfactor MaxEffect Mini Polish in Ivory ~pale gold shimmer.
Quicksnap shot of Maxfactor MaxEffect Mini Polish in Ivory because I have it on my nails now :)
What are your fave Nail Polishes to wear this time of the year!!? Reply below!xxx