Get ready in under 10 minutes- the Parisian way!
Hey girls! Need to look good in double quick time? Do it like a Parisian by following these steps!
- Wash your hair to help wake you up and then apply a mousse for volume and allow to air dry whilst you finish getting ready!
- Apply day cream, its essential for the French woman! In fact even the chicest girls in Paris often get their skin care at the drugstore! But make sure you don’t apply to much, or your cheek will be sticky when you greet your friends a la francaise (cheek kissing)!
- Use a liquid foundation (a pump-action bottle is easier when you’re in a hurry!) and keep a liquid compact in your handbag for touch ups during the day. To apply like a true Parisian don’t use a sponge or a brush, but your fingers for a more natural result!
- Skip under eye concealer- no time!
- Apply matte powdered eye shadow with a fine brush. Most french like shades of brown for a more natural look but you can use any colour!
- Smudge a fine line of black kohl along the base of the lashes
- Apply a bronzing powder with a big brush for a faster application!
- Apply mascara to the top lashes only- that way there is no danger of it running during the day!
Now you look like an elegant Parisian and your ready to run out the door!
Q. How to get rid of pimples and prevent them from coming back? I’ve been having break-outs and IDK what to do with my face. I wash my face every morning when I wake up and before I go to sleep.
A. I feel your pain! I hate hate breakouts! I would say that to deal with yours you need to up your skin care routine from just washing your face because that may not be enough! Try face scrubs, clay masks, spot treatments and toners to treat the spots and help dry them out! However, please don’t pick at your spots- its the worst thing you can do because its makes the spot take a lot longer to go away! So whilst it will give you instant gratification you will have to wait much longer for the mark to fade and deal with scaring! Also don’t over dry your face as this can cause more spots to form so make sure you use a light hydrating moisturiser! Drinking tonnes of water will also help to clear your skin up because it will flush the toxins out of your skin! If you want more tips check outs Willa’s post on her skin care routine ! Hope that helps! xx
Q. What are your top acne face washes? drugstore and not drugstore
On the whole I would say that acne face washes are too strong for most people and will over dry your skin, causing more spots! So try combination skin cleansers such as avene cleanance gel (drugstore) or the clinique wash-away cleanser for oily to very oily skin (department store). xx
Q. What are the best eye creams? drugstore
I used to be into eye gels such as the boots cucumber eye gel, but I didn’t really find that they did much for me so on the whole the only drug store ‘eye cream’ that I’ve really found to have done anything for me is graniers tinted eye roll-on, which is great for the morning as it is quick to apply and doubles up as your concealer! In the evening I use a super hydrating eye cream which is department store. xx
Recent Product Round-up!
What I’ve been loving recently!
- The Body Shop Born Lippy watermelon lip balm: a perfect product for the winter as my lips tend to get dry and this one is super hydrating and as a plus smells and tastes YUMMY!
- Topshop cream blusher in Neon Rose: This is actually Willa’s but she wasn’t using it so gave it to me to try for myself! The colour is really pretty and gives my cheeks a pretty wintery flush and the cream to powder texture makes it easy to blend! It also comes in pretty poka-dot packaging!
- Mac my dark magic mineralize eye-shadow: at the moment I’ve been really into lining my eyes with shadow rather than pencil or gel because it gives a softer, more natural look and this one is perfect because its dark and the purple shimmers add an extra pop! It is also great for a smokey eye on a night out as it has two complimenting shades!
- Revlon colour burst lipgloss in 008 peony pivoine: ever since I saw this in Lisa Eldridges video I knew I had to get it! The colour is so pretty and I’m in love with the golden shimmers!
- Essence colour and go quick drying nail polish in 67 make it gold: Willa gave me this as a christmas present and I’ve been using it non-stop ever since! It looks great on top of any nail polish but I’m loving it over blacks and lilacs! The reason this is so great is it turns any polish metallic and the glitter pieces are different sizes.
- Garnier tinted eye-roll on anti-dark circles in 02: I’ve been using this as my everyday concealer for a while now because its easy to apply and is also hydrating as well as covering my dark circles! My only problem with this product is it needs more shades, the difference between shade 1 and 2 is huge! And for an exact shade is need a slightly lighter shade, but I’m hoping that the range will expand soon! Overall still a great product though!
What have you guys been using recently? What do you think of the products I’ve been using?
Has anyone tried…
Buxon Plumping lip glosses?
I was out shopping today while looking for the Bare Minerals Matte foundation I have had my eyes on for a while! Except I got a bit distracted and found myself trying out this lipgloss! I didn’t buy it but it really interested me! It has this amazing tingly minty sensation and is 100% natural! Hmm a new thing to add to my wish-list?
What do think of it??
PS. I did finally buy the mineral foundation and have yet to try it out for the day so will be getting back to you on that one!
Clinique Redness Solutions Mineral Powder.
At the Moment I really like Clinique’s Redness solutions Instant relief Mineral Powder.
Its a yellow based Mineral powder. You can use to set your foundation, to get rid of redness or wear under your foundation. It is oil free and talc free!
It is also great to set concealer under the eyes as it instantly brightens it up and reduces dark circles! Although I apply it with my Elf Studio Kabuki brush all over the face, but when I am on the go I use the brush that comes with it (its really soft!) so its great for traveling and top ups throughout the day!
When wearing this alone It definitely gets rid of redness and is good for the days where you don’t feel like doing a whole face of makeup although you just want a bit of a mattifying and evened out effect. This is also great for the “sporty girl” as you can wear it alone while sweating and it wont break you out as its mineral, oil free and talc free. I find it lasts long however it is a good idea to bring this around with you if your out the whole day.
It comes in an easy portable case, unlike the original which is loose, and you also get a little brush with it and a mirror in the case. Its £24 and I would highly recommend it! xx
Do you wear make-up to the gym?
Lauren Conrad and Lo Bosworth
If your like me and go to the gym on a regular basis, what make-up do you wear? Do you even bother wearing make-up? Personally I don’t see the need to, but somehow I end up wearing it anyway…hehe.
In this blog post I am going to tell you what make up is suitable for the gym (if any) and what make up to AVOID! This is not a post tell you to wear makeup to the gym, I am just giving advice to those who feel comfortable doing so.
So for eyes I always go for a waterproof cream/gel eyeliner! One of my favorites is ELF’s studio cream liners! Their so affordable yet they lasts through my incredibly sweaty spinning classes! I have all three colors (not white) but my favorite is the black. I apply it with an angled brush and voila~ very quick and easy! However I advise not applying it/or any kind of eyeliner to the lower lash line, in this case, with past experience all it does is slide down…So stick to the upper lash line!
As for mascara I can get away with a non-waterproof. My favorite being Max-factor, False Lash effect. It gives lashes the most natural yet defined finish!
I usually skip the foundation but if coverage is needed I highly recommend a Mineral powder foundation- It wont break you out while you sweat and gives you a matte finish as it absorbs excess oil! Or if no coverage is needed and you just want that matte finish, try a mattifying lotion. I use the No.7 Shine free makeup base.
Lip-wise try a stain or tint! What these do is stain your natural lip color therefore making it less likely it will feather at the edges like a lipstick. Some can last for up to 16 hours!
Products to avoid wearing:
- Blush!- Usually during a heavy workout session my face gets red anyway.
- Bright lipstick!-Cant risk it smearing all over the place.
- Liquid foundation!-probably not the best idea, may melt…
- Or anything liquid-y that can smear and spread easily is best to avoid.