Spend more time in Bed!
Yes, Set your alarm 10 minutes later for tomorrow morning as I am going to show you some time-saving tips to add to your morning routine! These multitasking tips are sure to give you those treasured few more minutes in bed :) Bliss!
- When cleansing in the morning skip your face wash, instead splash your face with water and just tone and moisturize. This will save a few minutes and isn’t bad for you as your face should be cleansed from the night before anyway!
- Smooth on a foundation using your fingers with a silky matt finish! The matt finish will stop you having to powder on top!
- Rather than faffing around with tons of lip products grab a gloss/balm and swipe this on as you leave the house. Try Mac Tinted Lip conditoner or Clarins Lip Perfector, These will polish your look and condition your lips.
- Grab your fave lipstick and patt some on your cheeks for instant glow! Then swipe some on your lips!
- When filling in your brows use an angled brush with powder. This way you can use the same product to line your eyes for soft focus definition!
- Don’t bother with a full on multi-shadow look, One colour across the lid can look just as chic. Try a champagne or dirty gold.
- If you don’t have time for a full face of make up just do the face ; concealer, foundation, blush. Glowing, flawless skin will make all the difference!
Enjoy! Any Qs? XX
Make it Wear-able. Fall’11 Runway Trend: Glossy Eyes and Matte Lips.
Introducing a new series of Tutorials on Making the Runway Wear-Able! We will take you through a few dazzling Catwalk looks of Fall 2011 and show you how to wear them in every day life!
The Toned Down Glossy Eyes and Matte Lips.
Eyes: Finely Milled Shimmer can give a wet look.
- Start with a cream shimmery shadow base. Mac Paint Pot in Rubenesque is a great colour for this look. The shimmer in this will already bring light to the lids.
- Top that with a finely milled shimmer powder in a similar colour. Try L’oreal Colour Infalliable for high shimmer or an Illamasque Pure Pigment.
- Then If you dare apply the tiniest amount of Vaseline or Mac Gloss Creme Brilliance to the lids. Just a dot in the center to give you a lived in duey look.
- Then apply a coat of your blackest glossy mascara. Try Maybelline Stiletto.
Lips: Matte Lipstick can be drying for everyday.
- So try a bright stain to get a subdued effect. Try Maybelline Colour Sensational or Revlon Just Bitten in a bright Fuschia.
- This is good for everyday because you can apply lipbalm over throughout the day and even set with a little powder to get a matte effect. But Lipstain gives a matte effect anyway!
Good luck! Any Qs? :)
What are your Beauty Must-haves?
Having those couple of products that you cannot live without really create the basis to your whole makeup collection! Your new buys will be dependent to work in sync with your classics! Heres an idea of some of my beauty Must-haves which I always go back to:
- A Good Primer/Pick me up! Try Clarins Beauty Flash Balm! I use this as a primer only before special occasions, not only does this make it a treat to use but works well when you don’t over-use it. Smooth primers on rather than rubbing them in.
- A Light Base. Try a foundation that you can wear day-in, day-out with a versatile formula and buildable coverage. Try Jemma Kidd Light as Air foundation or Inika Mineral depending on your skin type!
- Long Lasting under-eye Concealer! Creasing under-eye is a big no no, as is dark circles! So find something that covers and lasts. Try Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection or Mac Pro-Long wear or Garnier Tinted Eye gel.
- Good Quality Face/Blush/Bronze Brush! You can apply foundation, primer and concealer with your fingers but for powder a nice brush is necessary! Try brands like Elf, Eco-Tools or Benefit.
- Sheer Bronzer that can be used all year round! Try Nars Laguna which is buildable and will work in winter or summer to warm up your skin!
- An Eyeshadow a few shades darker than your skin, a matte taupe. Try Bobbi Brown in Wheat. You can use this to contour eyes and face and even for brows if your blond. And an eyeshadow in a shimmery champagne colour!
- A Twist up waterproof Liner. Try Chanel Styloe Yeux. Amazing for quick, polish and perfect application.
- A Classic Lip Stick that can double up as a cheek tint. Try a colour a shade darker than your lips. Try Chanel or Yves Saint Laurent for great formulas!
There are just a few key things for me! Thing Like mascara, blush or highlighter I tend to change rather often depending on time of the year.
Now what are your Beauty Must-Haves? Re-Blog and Reply! :)
Product Love: Mac Semi-Precious Skin Finish!
I went to Mac today and picked up a Mineralize Skin Finish from their Semi Precious Collection! I have wanted to buy Soft and Gentle (normal line) for a while now but today decided to get Semi Precious Pearl (Pic below) and am in-love with it!
The base colour is very similar to Soft and Gentle, yet less glittery and more of a soft shimmer. Its a great gold under toned highlight colour! The colour in the middle works really well as a blush! Its a super natural shade and quite intense! And if you mix them you get a paler pink blush. So you really are getting 3 products for the price of one!
Swatch: Base, Middle and Mixed.
These MSFs from the new collection are less pigmented than the normal MSFs, the product comes out harder, which in a way is better so you wont over-use it! So definitely pop into Mac have a look at them before the are sold-out ~Some really gorgeous shades! £20.50.
Any Questions? Ask Us :)
My favourite blushers
Hey everyone! At the moment I’ve been particularly keen on my blusher and so I thought I would share what my favourite ones were…
Blushers- I love my blushers pink or peach coloured!
- Benefit Posietint- amazing staying power
- Bourjois blush in 34 Rose D’or- very pretty shimmery pink blusher
- Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks in 21 Cabo Coral- the perfect holiday blush as it is multi-tasking and looks fab with a tan
- ELF mineral blush in Rose- all natural and super pigmented
- Estee Lauder Tender Blush in 211 Nude Rose- a matte dusky pink blusher thats great for a natural look
- Mac mineralize blush in Rhapsody in Two- super shimmery, almost a highlighter, and looks amazing layered over another blush. Your skin will look like its glowing!
Bronzers- I don’t tan easily so bronzers are a must have for me!
- Bourjois Bronzing powder in 77 Soleil Ambre- a matter bronzer that perfect for contouring
- Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess soft matter Bronzer- not matte but very pretty and fairly dark
- Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess soft shimmer bronzer- a light coloured bronzer that’s perfect for the start of summer and compliments peachy blushers amazingly.
As you can see I mostly use powder formula’s because they are much better for hot weather. They will help to soak up excess oil and won’t melt off. So what bronzers and blushers have you guys been using at the moment? Let me know!
How to: Contour your face!
Q: Hey guys! so i have a question about contoring your cheekbones. how do you do that?
A: Hiya! Here is a simple step-by-step tutorial on how to contour your face successfully!
- Start with your foundation/concealer done.
- Then apply a highlighter using a small narrow stippling brush, or fan brush. Apply it to the tops of your cheekbones and up into the brow bone, creating a squashed C shape. Or if your using a liquid highlighter use your fingers!
- Then apply Blush using a blusher brush to the apples of your cheeks and going up into the hairline. Blending it out so there are no sharp edges.
- Now Grab a contour color, a matte bronzer will do or somthing slightly more taupe-y. Some brands specialize in contour colours, ie mac. Now get a little flat-top brush eg mac 130, or a pointed contouring brush or even and angled/small blush brush. Start where your ear meets your face ( a few centimeters down from your temples) and gently start circling the brush inwards towards your mouth, but obviously don’t go that far! Then re-trace your brush stroke back upwards and go up the side of your face into the temples/hair line. Also sweep the brush along your jaw line and under the chin. Realy buff the colour in to the get the most natural effect as possible!
Hope this Helps! More qs? makeupwrites.tumblr.com xxx
Good Makeup Bags!
Q:I was wondering if u could do a tutorial on good make up bags because I can never find a good one that fits all my essentials in? -Sandra from usa
A: Yes finding a makeup bag that fits everything in can be a hassle! So take our tips to the ones we like! First of all I would either buy or make a brush roll! Its much more hygienic than putting brushes in your makeup bag and saves room in your makeup bag for other products! Me and Flo have both made ours and they can be really easily made if you own a sewing machine. But if your not too crafty I would buy one. You can even put eyeliner pencils in some of the extra slots! For Makeup bags try and get one with a few compartments so you can divide face, eyes, lips etc. into different areas making it easier for you to find products. If your travelling and just need essentials don’t go too big but if this is for at home you can afford to go a size up.
Here are some examples:
- For At home or travel -one to put in the suitcase : ZPM traditional Washbag, 3 interior pockets and a zip top. Buy here: http://www.zpm.com/products/bath-and-beauty/medium-classic-washbag/default.aspx £19
Although for at home we don’t really use makeupbags as we prefer makeup stands, see previous post.
- Gym bag or Handbag makeup case or travel -hand luggage wise (for essentials) : Mac Soft Sac Small pouch style zip-up makeup bag. £16
I keep this one in my handbag and its the perfect size to fit essentials, ie mini mascara, eyeliner, lipstick, gloss, powder, mirror etc.
TIP: for hand luggage try a clear case!
Round up of brands with good, sturdy makeup bags:
- Cath Kidston
Remember DON’T pack too much makeup is traveling, you really only need essentials!
What Willa uses :
Harajuku Lovers makeup case for traveling or weekend trips, Mac for handbag and Sephora pink clear case for hang-luggage while traveling. (sorry forgot to include my brushroll, but its just floral pink with a ribbon) xxx
More Qs? Ask here : makeupwrites.tumblr.com/ask
If you feel a totally nude opaque gloss washes you out too much or doesn’t suit your skin-tone try it as a base for other bright lipsticks!
Apply a layer and blot, then apply another thin layer and blot again. Your lips should now bring out the true colour to another vibrant lipstick!
Have a nice evening! xx
Remember when I blogged about Mac’s Jeanius collection?
This is a quick reminder that it will be in store on March the 3rd, so be ready girls! I think this collection is going to sell out FAST!
Willa writes…Have you tried :
- Bourjouis Volumizer Mascara £10
- Mac Haute and Naughty Lash £17.50
In Lisa Eldridges latest tutorial (Chocolate Berry Look) she used Mac Haute and Naughty Lash and I absolutely love the effect :
The Mac Haute and Naughty Lash being slightly pricey at £17.50, the Bourjouis Volumizer Mascara at £10 looks like a great dupe! It has the same two in one mascara effect and I think I will buy it this weekend! If anyone owns these mascaras please tell us below, or message us to give us your view! xxx