My Everyday Makeup Routine!
Hey everyone! At the moment my makeup routine has been a quick natural look which helps to make me look awake and ready for the day, but can be done in a short amount of time! I can do this look in under 10 minutes which is perfect for me. So lets get started!
Face: Fresh and polished!
- I use a light layer of Max Factor Xperience Weightless Foundation in Light Ivory 40 on my t-zone and any other areas that need evening out.
- Next I apply Garnier skin naturals tinted eye roll-on as a concealer for my under eye circles and pat in.
- I then move on to blusher, I use different blushers but mostly peachy-pink cream products such as NYC blushable cream stick in Plaza Pink or Collection 2000 creampuff moisturising lip cream and I blend this onto the apples of my cheeks. Using cream products is much quicker than powder because you can use your fingers!
- I then apply a light dusting of pressed powder over my t-zone to set the foundation; I’ve been using Bourjois mineral radiance in 02 Vanille .
Eyes: Just a swipe of mascara!
- I give my eye brows a quick brush but leave them un-filled.
- Next I curl my lashes and apply a coat of Max Factor false lash effect mascara.
- Depending on how much time I have I also apply Revlon colour stay eyeliner in coffee on the top lash line
Lips: a bit of tinted balm or gloss!
- As I’m dashing out of my room to school I put on a swipe of pinky balm. My current favourites are Mac’s tinted lip conditioner in Petting Pink, Vaseline lip therapy with rose and almond oil or Revlon colourburst gloss in peony pivoine.
So there you go, its really a super quick look that is fresh and pretty. What about you girls? Do you have a super quick to do day time look?
Hello :) Plus Recent Product Round-up!
Hello and Sorry! Its been ages since a post from me.. But we’re getting back on it!
So to start us off here’s a Little round up of all the products I’ve recently been loving:
- Estee Lauder Satin Creme Blush in Nude Light: This Satin finish cream blush is the perfect muted peachy-nude for autumn, It leaves a lovely cool-toned skin-finish shimmer sheen on the cheek bones! Best applied with fingers or a flat-top stippling brush for a natural effect
- Bourjouis Intense Exrait in 03: These new shadows from Bourjois are a newer, intense version of the classic “little round pot” claiming to be 2 times more intense in one sweep! And yes they are! This matt pink with a sparkling shimmer is very Nars-esque and great for the evening!
- Bourjois Intense Extrait in 09: This matt grey/brown is perfect to sweep along the lashline with an angled brush for effortless definition.
- Bourjois 10 days Nail Polish in 17: I am a fan of these “10-day” polishes! Sure they don’t last for “10 days” but they do a pretty good job! And I love this deep cherry red for Winter
- No.7 Lash Adapt Mascara in Black/brown: This new mascara from No.7 is full on Volume which is what I look for in a mascara. Its super build-able so you can get any look from natural to evening look. Also this brown/black is the perfect combo!
- L’oreal Super Liner Luminizer Hazel Eyes: This liquid, almost water based liner is perfect for a quick pick-me-up. Its got an easy spongy tip and the purple really brings out the brown in my eyes.
- Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip balm: IN LOVE with this balm! It tastes like lemon tarte and works like a treat on dry lips! Hmmmm yum .
What do you think?! I would highly recommend all of these!
Any Qs? Xxx
P.s. More posts on their way!
5 Tips to Pouty Lips!
Follow this tips to a Plumped Pout :
- Once a week gently scrub your lips with a hot flannel to remove dead skin cells.
- Alternatively make your own scrub; One table spoon of Coconut Oil mixed with some brown sugar! Keep in a little jar and re-use it!
- Every night before bed use a lip treatment. Try Nuxe Reve de Meil Pot Lip balm. This stuff will still be there in the morning- amazing!
- Before applying a drying lipstick/stain use a little Lip Oil. Try Body Shop Lip Oil. This sinks in and creates a great base for lip products!
- Don’t forget to apply lipbalm around your lips to prevent pre-mature wrinkles!
Anys Qs? Xxx
Plump your Pout ;)
We Recently got a Q from FariWu on which Lip Plumping Gloss is the best, So I decided to do a little routine on how to get the perfectly plumped pout of a VS angel! Enjoy ~
Make a Lip Scrub: Scrub away dead skin cells and revel your lips!
- One teaspoon of Brown Sugar
- One teaspoon of runny honey
- One teaspoon of coconut oil/olive oil
Mix these ingredients in a little pot and scrub onto your lips! It tastes amazing and will leave your lips feeling juicy!
Lip Balm: Scrubs can be harsh sometimes so be sure to apply a hydrating lip balm.
- TIP: One with a minty or cinnamon flavor will make your lips appear bigger, so try Burts Bees. These two ingredients are natural lip plumpers.
Lip Plumper: Add some shine with the benefit of a built in plumper!
Flo and I both LOVE:
- Buxom Lip Plumper from Bare Minerals.
It leaves the most amazing tingly feeling and tastes lovely, it also comes in a range of colors so you can find one to suit you! Bambi is my fave colour! Plus its free from parabens! Whoohoo!
Finishing Touch: Apply a little highlighter to your cupids bow and also a dot in the center of your lips for full on volume!
Good Luck! Qs? Makeupwrites.tumblr.com xx
Ways to use: Lipliner!
Q: I love the idea of lip liner…I’d like to know more about pairing lip liner with lip gloss and or lipstick? -etherealinspiration
A: Yes! Lipliner can be a tricky thing to use! But here are some ways to make it work!
The Natural Lip:
- Grab a lip liner one shade darker, or one shade lighter to your natural lip colour.
- Line around your lips and shade in the line.
- This will give you a very polished and natural look.
- Find a lipliner at least 3 shades darker than your lips.
- Shade in just the center of your lips, not going all the way out.
- Use your finger and blend the colour outwards but leaving most of the liner in the center of your mouth.
- This will give you a very “just kissed” look that instantly plumps up your lips!
- TIP: Layer some clear gloss in the center of your lips to really plump it up!
- Grab a bright lipliner in the colour of your choice, a bright raspberry red works well!
- Lightly shade in most of your lips
- And pat the colour in with your ring finger, we don’t want the edges to be crisp and neat but we want them to be on the softer side to give you a sheer modern stain!
The Classic Red Lip:
- Get a firey red lip liner.
- Precisely line the edges of your lips.Shade in the colour carefully.
- Grab a lip brush and blend to give a seamless finish.
- Then blot with tissue and go back in to outline your lips.
So here are just a few looks you can create with Lipliner! Try to have fun and find out new ways!
More Qs? makeupwrites.tumblr.com/ask
Quick Tip : “When wearing lipstick or gloss always make sure to use a lip-balm before-hand… Apply a layer of balm after you’ve cleansed your face and wait for it to sink in while your doing your face makeup. When it comes to your lips gently blot the rest off and apply your product!”
This will leave your Lip products lasting longer and give a prettier, smoother, more kissable effect! xx
Be a stunner all week long!
You need to mix things up, wearing the same makeup every day is like wearing the same outfit every day! You do not want that! Here are a few ideas for every day lips and cheeks…
- Pretty and Polished- go for dewy skin with a light veil of liquid foundation or tinted moisturiser (depending on how much coverage you need) and top it of with a rosy blush. On your lips go for a lipstick that is one shade darker than your natural lip colour. This will make you look natural but still polished.
- Bronzed and breezy- do your usual foundation and use a liquid bronzer to warm up your skin. Use a bronzer with a stippling brush to set your make-up. On your lips use a red gloss to give you a little colour but not to much.
- Gorgeous and glowy- use just a light veil of mouse foundation and use highlighter on your cheekbones, cupids bow and your nose. Go for a cream blush is a pinky shade and use a creamy lipstick in a natural shade.
- Cute and colourful- today use a mattifying primer, such as urban decays de-slick in a tube, and try a peach blush on your cheeks with a stippling brush to give you a light flush and go for a bright peach lip stain. Having a matt face means that you can get away with more colour and the lip stain should last all day.
- Dare to be different- today surprise everybody with something completely different. Go for lilac cheeks! If you do not have a lilac blush then try a lilac eye-shadow, I like benefit velvet eye-shadow in fancy pancy. On your lips go for a creamy gloss, such as jelly pong pong’s muffin gloss. It tastes soooo good!
Tell me what your fav thing to do on your lips and cheeks is. I love getting new ideas!
Have a great evening everyone! xx
Tips for Lips!
Pucker up girls! Follow my tips to get your best lips ever!!
All great mouths are smooth and soft, keep yours kissable by applying a supermoisutrising lip salve and leaving it for 10 minutes. Then take a damp wash cloth and use it to exfoliate your lips or use a lip scrub. You can make this by mixing some honey and sugar and rubbing it on your lips. Next wipe your lips to make sure that all product has been removed. Lastly apply a light coat of non-greasy lip balm, for this part I like using my eos lipbalm. It is quite pricy but worth every penny, it keeps my lips soooo smooth! I recomend doing this every couple of days.
Now you have got the perfect base it is time to move on to colour. Using a lip-pencil will help keep your lipstick ancoured so it is good to use an ivisible one on a daily basis, d’finer d’liner is a good quality one. If you are using a natural coulored lipstick it is a good idea to use a thin coat of foundation on your lips first so that you really get the colour, my fav natural lipstick is mac’s lovelorn, so pretty! For a flawless lip make sure that when applying your lip product you let your mouth go a bit slack. This will give you perfect application every time!
Hope that was helpful! If you have any other questions just post it on our twitter!
Until next time! xx