Award Winner: Jane Iredale Eye-Lash Primer
Eye-lash Primer? “Meh..” was my first thought! But after getting a sample of this gem my opinion has changed!
Jane Iredale specializes in Mineral products and has worked with surgeons and dermatologists to perfect her beauty line! This Lash Condtioner shows all the hard work has payed off as they have created a primer that really works!
Apply this before mascara/without anything to instantly transform your lashes into being thicker, longer and more defined. This white product dries up clear after a few minutes so you can wear it alone for a naturally open-eyed look (which I sport regularly). Or apply mascara straight after its applied for a false-lash effect.
Its 9g of product which is pretty good and I reckon this tube will last for a while. Being only £13, its a lot cheaper than many other designer primers such as Lancome or Estee Lauder which can cost up to £30.
Its a “suit-all” product and will work for anyones lashes! Plus it makes removing mascara easier and allows less fall-out of lashes; Many added bonuses :D Give this a go if your in search of a new Eyelash primer that does make a difference!
Any Qs or Requests? Xxxx
Hello :) Plus Recent Product Round-up!
Hello and Sorry! Its been ages since a post from me.. But we’re getting back on it!
So to start us off here’s a Little round up of all the products I’ve recently been loving:
- Estee Lauder Satin Creme Blush in Nude Light: This Satin finish cream blush is the perfect muted peachy-nude for autumn, It leaves a lovely cool-toned skin-finish shimmer sheen on the cheek bones! Best applied with fingers or a flat-top stippling brush for a natural effect
- Bourjouis Intense Exrait in 03: These new shadows from Bourjois are a newer, intense version of the classic “little round pot” claiming to be 2 times more intense in one sweep! And yes they are! This matt pink with a sparkling shimmer is very Nars-esque and great for the evening!
- Bourjois Intense Extrait in 09: This matt grey/brown is perfect to sweep along the lashline with an angled brush for effortless definition.
- Bourjois 10 days Nail Polish in 17: I am a fan of these “10-day” polishes! Sure they don’t last for “10 days” but they do a pretty good job! And I love this deep cherry red for Winter
- No.7 Lash Adapt Mascara in Black/brown: This new mascara from No.7 is full on Volume which is what I look for in a mascara. Its super build-able so you can get any look from natural to evening look. Also this brown/black is the perfect combo!
- L’oreal Super Liner Luminizer Hazel Eyes: This liquid, almost water based liner is perfect for a quick pick-me-up. Its got an easy spongy tip and the purple really brings out the brown in my eyes.
- Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip balm: IN LOVE with this balm! It tastes like lemon tarte and works like a treat on dry lips! Hmmmm yum .
What do you think?! I would highly recommend all of these!
Any Qs? Xxx
P.s. More posts on their way!
Our Fave Youtube Beauty Gurus?
Q: What are your fave Youtube Beauty Gurus?
A: We love watching Youtube vids and get soo much inspiration from them! To find out our faves check out our youtube channel and see who we are subscribed too!
From here you can see all our all-time favorite videos and what we like! Check it out :)
Stop being Picky!!
A Common problem: Picking Pimples! We’ve had a few questions on how to stop this horrible habit! Picking off your pimples can lead to scarring, infection, etc.. -Not fun!
So follow these tips to resist the temptation:
- Don’t touch it! This may seem simple but is the toughest yet! Throughout the day keep hands off any sensetive areas!
- Apply a little “anti-blemish”, clay-mask, to it over night! Try Elemis lavender repair mask! You can leave this on while you sleep to help dry out the spot!
- Grab a Q-tip and dip it into a bit of tea-tree oil. Dab this on the spot after your moisturizer in the morning to prevent any bacteria through the day!
- Try a Salicylic Acid lotion! Dabbing a bit of this on will minimize the spot while you sleep! Drying Lotion £17.50 Mario Badescu
Hope this helps! And STOP BEING PICKY! haha ;)
Any Qs? xx
Instant Transformation: Blondes.
The Second in the series that shows you what makeup you need to enhance your natural beauty!
So if you have a fair complexion with blonde hair these products will really make a difference to your look:
- Brow pencil/powder -look for a taupe shade
- Brown Mascara -to softly define eyes
- Brown/black eyeliner -smudge this inbetween lashes to thicken lash line
- Concealer, all you need to gently even out your complexion
- Sheer Blush -If your prone to flushing skip this.
- Tinted balm -To give a shot of colour to the lips.
Now say hello to a naturally new you! Any Qs? xx
The Right way to apply your Face Cream!
Just slapping on some face cream every morning may seem like the simple thing to do. But spend a minute doing it properly and you will really reap the results!
Learn our tips on how to make the most from your moisturizer:
- Start by dotting your face cream evenly all over you face.
- Then starting at your chin/jawline massage upwards in circular motions, because this is the direction you want your face to go!
- When you reach your delicate eye area, sweep your fingers along the brow bone moving outwards then back under the eye towards the nose. Repeat a few times as this will wake up tired eyes
- Then end with the forehead and work outwards and upwards!
Giving you face this mini massage twice a day will boost circulation and lymphatic draining! Give it a go :)
Any Qs? Xx
Instant Transformation: Brunettes.
Introducing a new mini series that will tell you the minimum amount of products you should use to make the most of your natural beauty!
So here are a bunch of products that will give Brunettes an easy oomph:
- Under-eye concealer- Will brighten up your face
- Sheer foundation- To even out skin tone.
- Brow powder- Make the most of your bold brows!
- Bronzer- This will sculpt your face and warm you up
- Blush- A bright peach will make your complexion glow.
With out eye makeup Brunettes usually look lovely as they have naturally dark lashes! So give this “no makeup” makeup look a go ;)
Qs? Xx Next is Blondes, Red-heads and Black Skin tones! Watch this space!
Good Facial Toners?
Q: What Facial Toner do you recommend?
A: Toners really help mattify and tighten pores! Try these:
- Elemis Lavender toner -amazing for your skin concerns as it also helps calm the skin. Can also be used on Combination Skin.
- Avene Mattifying/Purifiying Lotion -again good for more oily skin.
For Dry/Normal Skin, try these:
- Biotherm HydraMineral toner -Nice and light for everyday.
- Estee Lauder Intense Softening toner- very nourishing!
So whatever your skin type you can give a Toner a try, as they also help remove excess of your cleanser which could them block your pores!
More Qs? Xx
Affordable Blushers, all under £8 :)
Buy a blush that is fairly cheap is always a good option when it come to makeup shopping! It means you can purchase a couple different shades/finishes for different occasions!
Here are come good high-street brands with good blusher ranges:
- Bourjois, Round Pot Blushers, around £7.
- Revlon, Matt Blusher,£8
- Max Factor, Creamy Blusher, £7
- Maybelline, Dream soft blush, £7
- ELF, Mineral Blush, £3.50
Give them ago and see which ones suit you best! If you have dry skin try the Max Factor or Maybelline one whereas if your oily go for the Revlon!
Good Luck! Any Qs? Xx
Powder Blush for your skin Colour !
It has been highly requested to do a “What Powder Blush for my skin type?” Post! So here we go ..
- Very Pale Skin: Go for soft yet bright pastels, nothing dirty or brown
- Light Skin: Pale shades of pink and peach
- Medium: A Sandier Pink to tawny tones
- Yellow/Olive: Rose/Rasberry tones, go deeper!
- Dark/Black: Try a deep plum or cherry shade!
Powder formula is great for anyone and everyone! Its fool-proof and works on all skin types. Don’t go for one with chunky glitter or too much high-impact shimmer. Something sheer and build able is great!
Use an Angled Blush Brush (Benefit has a fab one) and tap of any excess, then apply in sweeping layers!
Good luck :) Any Qs?
Classic Back-to-School Makeup.
We know you don’t have ages to waste putting on makeup every morning before school/work! So follow this simple look for instant pretty :)
Face: Blush is key !
- Start by swiftly covering any blemishes with your fave long-wear concealer. Try L’oreal Colour Infaillable Concealer.
- Then powder your face. Skip foundation as the powder will even out skin-tone while mattifying! Try Dior Nude Glow sculpting powder.
- Then grab a powder blush the same tone as your natural lip-colour and swirl on your apples.
Eyes: Nothing too grungy!
- Keep it clean by just lining the upper lash-line with a waterproof gel liner. No Flick!
- Then load on a lengthening mascara again just to the top lashes!
Lips: Rosey Pout!
- We can’t go more classic then a lip stain! Grab one in a berry shade and apply for the bitten look!
- You can top it up with lip balm throughout the day!
You should now looked polished, pretty and a classic beauty! Forget the trends with this look ;P Any Qs?
Skin in Need of an Instant Pick-me-up?
We all have those days when our skin is feeling tired and and tight, whether your feeling dry, dull or irritated! So follow some of these gental tips to regain the balance in your skin!
- After cleansing apply a thick layer of rich moisturizer and leave it on for a couple of hours. Tissue off before bed, your skin will be silky soft!
- Use a softening toner that will help even out texture and leave your skin comfortable! Try Estee Lauder’s Softening Toner.
- In the morning splash your face with cool water and use a soft exfoliator to wake you up. Try the Konjac Sponge. This is sooo gentle and is great for the most sensitive skins!
- If leaving a Face Oil on scares you try using it as a nourishing treatment! Massage a Multi-use dry oil all over your face and after 10-15 minutes remove it with a toner! Try Nuxe Multi-Usage Dry Oil.
- When using your normal/dry skin face mask try leaving it on for a while longer that normal, then you will really see results! Unless its an exfoliating one, that could be dangerous :S
Any Qs? Xxx
Here are some Qs you asked us this week :)
Q: Is the Estee Lauder BB Cream a pale shade?
A: Yes is it fairly pale. Fair to Medium skin tones could wear it but any darker would be risky!
Q: What are good skincare brands?
A: Some Trustworthy Brands:
But steer clear of clean and clear and other super hash cleansers- if you use them on the wrong skin type they can actually give you acne as they irritate your skin!
Q: Any tips on whitening underarms?
A: Try squeezing a lemon in half and in the bath rubbing it in circlular motions against your arm-pit. This will naturally whiten your arm pit. Alternatively try using your body of face scrub on your underarms once a week to help get rid of dead skin which can make it look darker.
Q: Hi, I am getting the odd breakout was wondering if you know of any products that get rid of them?- Stella
A: Try a treatment night cream like Elemis SOS emergency cream or Estee Lauder recovery serum. These work to help detoxify and repair skin. Alternatively look for products with lavender to help balance and reduce redness, try Elemis Herbal repair mask. Or leave a clarifing mask on the spot overnight to help dry it out! Also try skipping out on wearing makeup that day to give your skin a break!
Back to School Basics.
Who wants to update their makeup bag for Back to School/Work? I do!
Just Replacing a few essentials in the makeup bag for Back to School can make a big difference! Here are some hot new items that you will love for september:
- Revlon Grow Luscious Eyeliner. This pencil applies like gel! Just a soft touch of the hand is needed to get a perfectly smooth line.
- Jane Iredale PureLash Conditioner. This is an amazing lash primer, it makes your mascara last all day while not irritating your eyes!
- Estee Lauder BB Cream. I’m sure you’ve all heard of the Blemish Balm! But this is a great one to try out, the formula is beautifully light!
- No.7 Stay Perfect Nail Colour in So Simple. New to their Nail Polish range this is the perfect nude for school/work.
- Maybelline Colour Sensational Lip Stains. These smell gorgeous and come in lots of shades!
- Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm. This is all natural and lasts hours on the lips! Apply first period and not have to top up till lunch, its super nourishing
Anys Qs? Xx