Get ready in under 10 minutes- the Parisian way!
Hey girls! Need to look good in double quick time? Do it like a Parisian by following these steps!
- Wash your hair to help wake you up and then apply a mousse for volume and allow to air dry whilst you finish getting ready!
- Apply day cream, its essential for the French woman! In fact even the chicest girls in Paris often get their skin care at the drugstore! But make sure you don’t apply to much, or your cheek will be sticky when you greet your friends a la francaise (cheek kissing)!
- Use a liquid foundation (a pump-action bottle is easier when you’re in a hurry!) and keep a liquid compact in your handbag for touch ups during the day. To apply like a true Parisian don’t use a sponge or a brush, but your fingers for a more natural result!
- Skip under eye concealer- no time!
- Apply matte powdered eye shadow with a fine brush. Most french like shades of brown for a more natural look but you can use any colour!
- Smudge a fine line of black kohl along the base of the lashes
- Apply a bronzing powder with a big brush for a faster application!
- Apply mascara to the top lashes only- that way there is no danger of it running during the day!
Now you look like an elegant Parisian and your ready to run out the door!
Recent Product Round-up!
What I’ve been loving recently!
- The Body Shop Born Lippy watermelon lip balm: a perfect product for the winter as my lips tend to get dry and this one is super hydrating and as a plus smells and tastes YUMMY!
- Topshop cream blusher in Neon Rose: This is actually Willa’s but she wasn’t using it so gave it to me to try for myself! The colour is really pretty and gives my cheeks a pretty wintery flush and the cream to powder texture makes it easy to blend! It also comes in pretty poka-dot packaging!
- Mac my dark magic mineralize eye-shadow: at the moment I’ve been really into lining my eyes with shadow rather than pencil or gel because it gives a softer, more natural look and this one is perfect because its dark and the purple shimmers add an extra pop! It is also great for a smokey eye on a night out as it has two complimenting shades!
- Revlon colour burst lipgloss in 008 peony pivoine: ever since I saw this in Lisa Eldridges video I knew I had to get it! The colour is so pretty and I’m in love with the golden shimmers!
- Essence colour and go quick drying nail polish in 67 make it gold: Willa gave me this as a christmas present and I’ve been using it non-stop ever since! It looks great on top of any nail polish but I’m loving it over blacks and lilacs! The reason this is so great is it turns any polish metallic and the glitter pieces are different sizes.
- Garnier tinted eye-roll on anti-dark circles in 02: I’ve been using this as my everyday concealer for a while now because its easy to apply and is also hydrating as well as covering my dark circles! My only problem with this product is it needs more shades, the difference between shade 1 and 2 is huge! And for an exact shade is need a slightly lighter shade, but I’m hoping that the range will expand soon! Overall still a great product though!
What have you guys been using recently? What do you think of the products I’ve been using?
Nail Polishes of the season!
Heya everyone! Its clear that autumn is well underway and what a better way to cheer yourself up about these colder days than some new nail polishes?! At the moment I’m loving glittery and metallic polishes and I selected four of my current favourites!
In order from left to right:
- Revlon nail enamel in095 Facets of Fuchsia- a solid black with bright purple glitter, I love that the glitter pieces are different sizes too!
- 17 nail extras crackle top coat- I’m loving these crackle polishes at the moment and I haven’t seen any other glitter ones!
- Topshop nails in 001 daredevil- a beautiful deep purple with a hint of gold glitter!
- MAC nail lacquer in Nightfall- a metallic slate grey that works great with an extra shiny top coat!
So, what polishes are you guys loving this season? Let me know!
Flo writes… How cute is this ring???!!!! OMG I am in love with it and funny enough both me and Willa ordered it with out realising! (just shows its adorableness!)
It’s £8 from asos.com (Sorry I know we talk about it alot but it really is a good site!)
Do you like it!? Answer below! xx
P.S. A little fashion secret!
Hey girls! Feels like spring is finally in the air! Thank god! To celebrate you may want to buy some new clothes, but what if your broke?! Theres no way that you can afford those fab earings or feathered skirt! Don’t fear, try ps, I made this! Its one of my favouret websites and I have tried tones of the ideas from the website and book (which is also fab!).
Another website that I check daily is WhoWhatWhere! It gives me the best outfit ideas! I am lusting after the book, willa already has it! I deffo recommend!
Hope that was useful! xxx
What are our Styles Like?
Q: what are your favourite clothing stores and what are your styles like?
(^A few snapshots of outfits we love^ Lauren Conrad, Rachel Bilson, Lo Bosworth..)
A: Yes, your are probably wondering how we dress as we never really talk about fashion! But we are happy to share what sort of stuff we like with you and who our celebrity influences are! But first of wall our favorite clothing shops:
- H&M, Probs our fave! Its cheap and always on-trend
- Asos, our fave online store! You won’t run into anyone with the same stuff! ~cute tees!
- Zara, pretty clothing which isnt too pricey!
- Topshop, we don’t shop there too often though. ~Cute rings!
- Urban outfitters, mainly sale shopping there.
- American Apparel, love their basic vests and hoodies!
- Whistles, love this for an expensive buy and always very pretty stuff!
- Sandro, we don’t shop there but are in-love with everything!
We both love Lauren Conrad as inspiration :) She has some great outfits for slightly dressier days, eg High waisted black skirt with tucked in colourful blouse. For casual days we also like jeans and cute tees and pretty gold jewelry! We also love rings!
We don’t have a particular style, but would explain it as casual-chic on the slightly girly side!
We are definitely into our fashion and love WHOWHATWEAR for latest celeb outfits and trends : http://www.whowhatwear.com/website/home.php
If anyone is interested in us bringing more fashion tips/outfits or finds please say so and we would be happy to share our knowledge with you :)
Ask us more Qs. here : makeupwrites.tumblr.com/ask
Favorite Makeup/Fashion/Beauty related sites!
Fave for Makeup News : http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/ Love this and go it on daily! Karen has news on all the latest products with great swatches.
Reviews on products : http://makeupalley.com/product/ In doubt of whether a product is good? Go on this site, it has tons of reviews on hundreds of products!
Fashion : http://www.whowhatwear.com/website/home.php Get this sent to me every day via email!
Fashion DIY : http://psimadethis.com/ Has some trendy, easy DIY fashion items!
For everything : http://thelodown.com/home Lo Bosworth from ‘The Hills’ has and all rounder type blog, with some great fitness tips!
Random : http://weheartit.com/ We find some super cute pics on this! Type in anything and you will find it!