Best Ways to Apply Powder Eyeshadows
Q: I recently bought an eyeshadow palette from Urban Decay! What the best way to use it and reduce fall out? -Em
A: The Urban Decay palette you bought is beautiful btw! So I will go through some of the best ways to use powder eyeshadows and fall out can be such a nuisance!
For High Impact:
- Spray your eyeshadow brush with a bit of water. Use a normal shading brush for this method.
- And go into the powder with your damp brush, you will get a much more pigmented look.
- This works well with shimmery golds and champagne colors up to the crease.
- Or for darker colors apply it along the lash line for a smokey look.
For a Sheer wash:
- Grab a fluffy blending brush.
- Swirl the brush into your desired color.
- Blend into your eye lid and up into your brow bone if its a natural shade.
To reduce fall out:
- No1 Tip: After having dipped your brush into the colour tap of the excess onto the back of your hand. With a powder eyeshadow a lot will come out and little will be left on the brush. But this is OK as you can go in and collect what you tapped off onto the back of your hand ~ So your not wasting any product and your reducing fall out.
- No2 Tip: If this doesn’t work for you before doing your eyeshadow lay a tissue under your eye area and let the fall out collect on that.
- No3 Tip: What I like to do is apply eyeshadow first, before your base, then you can clear up the mess and then apply foundation. Therefore not ruining your base!
Hope this is useful Em! More Qs? makeupwrites.tumblr.com/ask xx
Good Eyeliner Pencils?
Q: I never use kohl or eyeliner pencils, just gel - what are some good eyeliner pencils and how to apply? thanks -Izzy
A: Eye pencils are a good thing to get into, they are quick to apply and mess free! My favorite style are the twist-up crayons but I will tell you some good kohl liners aswell!
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eye pencil, this has a super soft texture so its really easy to smooth on and adjust it a little if you go wrong.
- Bourjous Effect Smokey Eye liner, This comes with a little brush at one end so you can create a softer look, the texture is also very soft.
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Eye liner, This is very long lasting and comes with a smudging tool.
- Bobbi Brown Creamy Eye Pencil, this is not as smooth as the previous three I have mentions, it has more of a kohl texture to it while the others glide on a bit like a gel liner.
- All-time Fave: Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof, so longlasting and gives a pigmented line in one sweep.
- Cheaper Version: Revlon Colour Stay Liner, also good!
How to use them:
- Rest you pinky finger on your cheek bone to give you a sturdy hand.
- Hold the pencil quite close to the nib to give you control
- Start applying the liner from the outer corner of your eye and glide it inwards. This will be very easy if you try one on the pencils I have advised because they are all so smooth and soft they will be a pleasure to apply.
- Try and stick to the lash line as much as possible.
If you can’t get it the first time, dont worry! Keep trying and it will soon become easy! Hope this Helped!
More Qs? Makeupwrites.tumblr.com/ask