Skin in Need of an Instant Pick-me-up?
We all have those days when our skin is feeling tired and and tight, whether your feeling dry, dull or irritated! So follow some of these gental tips to regain the balance in your skin!
- After cleansing apply a thick layer of rich moisturizer and leave it on for a couple of hours. Tissue off before bed, your skin will be silky soft!
- Use a softening toner that will help even out texture and leave your skin comfortable! Try Estee Lauder’s Softening Toner.
- In the morning splash your face with cool water and use a soft exfoliator to wake you up. Try the Konjac Sponge. This is sooo gentle and is great for the most sensitive skins!
- If leaving a Face Oil on scares you try using it as a nourishing treatment! Massage a Multi-use dry oil all over your face and after 10-15 minutes remove it with a toner! Try Nuxe Multi-Usage Dry Oil.
- When using your normal/dry skin face mask try leaving it on for a while longer that normal, then you will really see results! Unless its an exfoliating one, that could be dangerous :S
Any Qs? Xxx
5 tips to Glowing Skin!
Here are 5 simple tips to add your normal makeup routine to ensure glowing skin!
- Add a drop of Liquid highlighter to your everyday moisturizer.
- Line your inner waterline with a peachy pencil and use a lilac shadow on the lids.
- Bring out your eyes by using a pencil highlighter on the tearducts and the center of the lid and the brow bone.
- Use a fan brush and a mineral powder highlighter to naturally add definition to your cheekbones
- Using an illumintating pen cover under-eye circles and any dark areas of your face (maybe around the mouth, or around the nose)
Now we have re-created Lauren’s bright and radiant skin! Enjoy :)
TIP: Paint your toe-nails in a yellow this spring/summer! It makes you look super tanned and makes you feel summery!
Good Eyeliner Pencils?
Q: I never use kohl or eyeliner pencils, just gel - what are some good eyeliner pencils and how to apply? thanks -Izzy
A: Eye pencils are a good thing to get into, they are quick to apply and mess free! My favorite style are the twist-up crayons but I will tell you some good kohl liners aswell!
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eye pencil, this has a super soft texture so its really easy to smooth on and adjust it a little if you go wrong.
- Bourjous Effect Smokey Eye liner, This comes with a little brush at one end so you can create a softer look, the texture is also very soft.
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Eye liner, This is very long lasting and comes with a smudging tool.
- Bobbi Brown Creamy Eye Pencil, this is not as smooth as the previous three I have mentions, it has more of a kohl texture to it while the others glide on a bit like a gel liner.
- All-time Fave: Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof, so longlasting and gives a pigmented line in one sweep.
- Cheaper Version: Revlon Colour Stay Liner, also good!
How to use them:
- Rest you pinky finger on your cheek bone to give you a sturdy hand.
- Hold the pencil quite close to the nib to give you control
- Start applying the liner from the outer corner of your eye and glide it inwards. This will be very easy if you try one on the pencils I have advised because they are all so smooth and soft they will be a pleasure to apply.
- Try and stick to the lash line as much as possible.
If you can’t get it the first time, dont worry! Keep trying and it will soon become easy! Hope this Helped!
More Qs? Makeupwrites.tumblr.com/ask
Try and find a Bronzer that reflects light! It will brighten up your complexion and prevent you from looking muddy! Also a Bronzer with a tint of pink will stop you from looking orange!
Sneaky Tip for a Long-lasting Manicure!
I hate having chipped nails! So use this quick tip to make your nail polish last those few days longer!
- Start with your nail base.
- Paint one coat of your desired colour, leave to dry for about 5 mins.
- On your second coat start by just painting the tips. So as you would normally paint your nails, just brush up not across, but maybe just a millimeter or two down the nail.
- Then go back and re paint the whole nail
- Repeat for each nail!
- End with topcoat!
The tips of nails usually need the most polish, rather than near the cuticles. And most of the time the majority of polish ends up near the cuticles! So give this nifty trick a try!
Sneak Peak- Chanel Spring Makeup 2011
This collection ‘Les Perles De Chanel’ contains mostly perlised shades of black and white, which are designed to brighten the skin. Most of the lipsticks are peach and coral, so pretty! To me this is the perfect idea of spring makeup because by then your skin normally needs a pick me up after the hard months of winter!
Available January 2011 (I am not sure if it is store yet but it is available online!)
Three Fave Perfumes of the Moment!
Here are my 3 favourite perfumes of the moment :
- Ralph by Ralph Lauren.
- Be Delicious by DKNY.
- Chance eau Tendre by Chanel.
What are your favorite? Reply Below!
Start your day with Dr. Nick Lowe’s cooling Menthol Facial scrub. Its filled with pomegranate and raspberry to give antioxidants to your skin and has this amazing minty sensation to give your skin that glow!
To Complement that try Olay’s total effects wakeup wonder moisturizer. It Hydrates and gets rid of any dullness while leaving you with a zingy, minty scent to wake you up
Foundation wise try Chanel’s New Vitalumiere Aqua. This super light fluid creates and energized, glowing complexion with out being heavy what so ever. Its oil-free too!
And Lastly to brighten the under eye area give Mac’s Pro long-wear concealer a go! It last up to 8 hours for me and covers with out being cakey leaving you with a natural finish.
These are just a few hints for that brighter complexion everyones dying for! My faves are the scrub and concealer, can’t live without them!! xx