So I’m writing this very late because I am attempting to pack for my holiday (I am leaving tomorrow!) and I thought I would share with you what beauty products I like to take on the plane with me. So lets get started:
Skin Care- Keep it simple!
- boots cucumber cleansing wipes- a must have for long haul flights as it is impossible to wash your face with water. I love these as they smell great and are ultra refreshing.
- Avene thermal water (50ml)- works great for a toner and is also perfect for the beach later in your holiday! I also find its helps to moisturise my skin and since the air in a plane is recycled it tends to be drying.
- Avene light hydrating cream spf 20- light enough not to be gloppy and pore-clogging but still hydrating. The spf is also a must have for the sun at the other end of that flight!
- Cowshed lippy cow natural lip balm- this is more like a very hydrating gloss than a lip balm as it is very runny but it still works really well.
Makeup- light and natural!
- Nivea Visage tinted moisturising day cream- evens out your skin tone and gives you a little extra moisture- the light reflecting pigments are an added bonus as they help to light up your face!
- Maybelline dream lumi-touch concealer- great for travel as it comes in a handy click-pen applicator!
- Benefit posietint- apply this to the apples of your cheeks and lips to add a little colour back to your completion. Multi-tasking products are a must have for travel!
- Bourjois volume fast and roll mascara- this is one of the rotation mascara wand products and I bought it to see if it did anything and I was pleasantly surprised (expect a review very soon!).
P.S. I always bring my sunglasses in my hand lugagge for the other end, come on, is there any better way to hide tired eyes!?
Hope that was informative! What are your guys must have products for flights and travel in general?
My favourite blushers
Hey everyone! At the moment I’ve been particularly keen on my blusher and so I thought I would share what my favourite ones were…
Blushers- I love my blushers pink or peach coloured!
- Benefit Posietint- amazing staying power
- Bourjois blush in 34 Rose D’or- very pretty shimmery pink blusher
- Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks in 21 Cabo Coral- the perfect holiday blush as it is multi-tasking and looks fab with a tan
- ELF mineral blush in Rose- all natural and super pigmented
- Estee Lauder Tender Blush in 211 Nude Rose- a matte dusky pink blusher thats great for a natural look
- Mac mineralize blush in Rhapsody in Two- super shimmery, almost a highlighter, and looks amazing layered over another blush. Your skin will look like its glowing!
Bronzers- I don’t tan easily so bronzers are a must have for me!
- Bourjois Bronzing powder in 77 Soleil Ambre- a matter bronzer that perfect for contouring
- Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess soft matter Bronzer- not matte but very pretty and fairly dark
- Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess soft shimmer bronzer- a light coloured bronzer that’s perfect for the start of summer and compliments peachy blushers amazingly.
As you can see I mostly use powder formula’s because they are much better for hot weather. They will help to soak up excess oil and won’t melt off. So what bronzers and blushers have you guys been using at the moment? Let me know!
Bourjois NEW Summer Nail Collection
Bourjois New Summer Nail Collection
Loving these super bright colors! Especially the pastel blue and bright red! A must-have for Summer! Would you get any of these? Reply below.
Qs? Ask Here: Makeupwrites.tumblr.com/ask
REVIEW: Boujois Volumizer Mascara, 2 step.
This is a claims to be a Volume Boosting Mascara which is what I was looking for as my eye lashes are naturally rather long. It features the same brush but with two different openings letting different amounts of mascara out with each brush, creating two effects. So you can go natural for the day and glam for the night! whoo
The brush in general is big and with bristles:
Step one brush lets out less mascara creating a clump-free feathery natural look, see below. Step two brush, on the other-hand, really gives the volume and makes your lashes a little clumpy but in a good way, see below. I love the slightly clumpy effect it gives, I knew it would give this effect before I bought it. But if your someone who likes that defined look, this mascara isn’t for you!
There is a significant difference between the two pictures above. There are so many combinations to play around with… You can do is use Step One on the lower lashes and Step Two on the upper lashes. Another way is to first apply step two then comb it out with step one or likewise!
It is not very hard to remove, although I do use an oil cleanser. The Formula is really nice, smooth and moist, not dry at all. Although it can get a bit messy. Overall I really like this mascara and the effect it gives and I think I would re-purchase this as you can create a number of looks with it!
Price : £10.50. Where to buy : Boots, Superdrug, Asos. Rating : 8/10