My favourite blushers
Hey everyone! At the moment I’ve been particularly keen on my blusher and so I thought I would share what my favourite ones were…
Blushers- I love my blushers pink or peach coloured!
- Benefit Posietint- amazing staying power
- Bourjois blush in 34 Rose D’or- very pretty shimmery pink blusher
- Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks in 21 Cabo Coral- the perfect holiday blush as it is multi-tasking and looks fab with a tan
- ELF mineral blush in Rose- all natural and super pigmented
- Estee Lauder Tender Blush in 211 Nude Rose- a matte dusky pink blusher thats great for a natural look
- Mac mineralize blush in Rhapsody in Two- super shimmery, almost a highlighter, and looks amazing layered over another blush. Your skin will look like its glowing!
Bronzers- I don’t tan easily so bronzers are a must have for me!
- Bourjois Bronzing powder in 77 Soleil Ambre- a matter bronzer that perfect for contouring
- Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess soft matter Bronzer- not matte but very pretty and fairly dark
- Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess soft shimmer bronzer- a light coloured bronzer that’s perfect for the start of summer and compliments peachy blushers amazingly.
As you can see I mostly use powder formula’s because they are much better for hot weather. They will help to soak up excess oil and won’t melt off. So what bronzers and blushers have you guys been using at the moment? Let me know!
What I’m loving this month
Hey guys, sorry its been so long! But today I thought I would let you know what products I have been loving this month, so lets get started-
- Rimmel colour mousse eyeshadow in 005 Glitz- This is AMAZING! The colour is perfect for the day because it is almost the same shade as my skin but shimmery so you get a pretty natural look. It lasts along time too, when you apply it sets and after that it won’t fade or crease so for me this is a must buy.
- Bobbi Brown Long-wear gel eyeliner in 1 Black Ink- we have said we love this product before and I am saying it again. This is the best gel eyeliner I have ever used and the colour range is fab (although I recommend getting black as it is a staple colour).
- 17 mirror shine lipstick in Beehive- this is the perfect nude summer lipstick. Its mosturing like a gloss but has much more staying power. I would also say that if you were interested by the new glossy chanel lipsticks then this is a great dupe.
- Revlon colourstay eyeliner in brown- one of the best eye pencils I have ever come across. Its super pigmented and glides on smoothly (it literally takes seconds to put on). I deffo recommend this to everyone.
- Benefits Benetint and Posietint- In case you hadn’t noticed I LOVE stains and I have loads but these two are some of my favourites. The colours are pretty and fresh and they really do have staying power.
- ELF mineral blusher in Rose- for £3.50 this is a real bargain as it is highly pigmented and applies like a luxury brands blush would. I really like the shade rose, which is a pretty pinky peach and perfect for a summery look.
- Maybelline dream lumitouch highlighting concealer- this is a new product which I got after having a good experience with the liquid foundation version. This coverage of this concealer is great and it doesn’t crease or fade throughout the day. My only problem with this product is the brush that it comes with is very harsh and cheap so I prefer to put the concealer on the back of my hand and apply with a brush.
I hope that was interesting and I would love to know what you’ve been loving this month or even what your all time favourite products are, so put it in our ask box please!
Backstage Beauty ss11 Trend: Strong Liner.
This look was seen at Rachel Roy Spring 2011 Catwalk. The Makeup was done by Bobbi Brown and the team using Bobbi Brown products! This look is all about bringing out your natural glow and having a fresh face. There is a strong, thickly applied liner but its not extended which is very new, modern and simple yet effective. Bobbi Brown makeup was used at the show and I will tell you which products and a few more affordable versions!
- Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Ink Black
- Bobbi Brown Shimmer brick in Beige
- Sleek Glo-Peach Shimmer (Great substitute for Bobbi Brown Shimmer brick)
- Mac 212 Brush (Any flat top liner brush)
Eyes: Apply Eye cream, then concealer with more coverage than usual and to set it a yellow toned face powder all around the eye including the lid. Do all of this before doing the liner or shadow. Next apply some of your Bobbi Brown Shimmer brick or Sleek Glo-Peach Shimmer to the lid all the way up to the brow bone, mix a few of the lightest shades from your brick to get a champagne color. The Liner should be thickly applied and strong but not extended, using a flat top brush should stop the temptation of adding a wing or flick. Your line should be a few millimeters thick. Add Mascara to the top lashes and leave the bottom lash line bare.
Face : Apply a natural looking foundation and sweep your Shimmer Brick on your cheek-bones, along your nose and across your forehead.Your brow bone and inner corner are already highlighted from apply the Shimmer Brick all over the lid.
Lips : Lipgloss should be applied but blotted for a natural look. A sheer gloss with a bit of shimmer will do fine!
What do you think of this look? Would you wear it out? xx