Nail Polishes of the season!
Heya everyone! Its clear that autumn is well underway and what a better way to cheer yourself up about these colder days than some new nail polishes?! At the moment I’m loving glittery and metallic polishes and I selected four of my current favourites!
In order from left to right:
- Revlon nail enamel in095 Facets of Fuchsia- a solid black with bright purple glitter, I love that the glitter pieces are different sizes too!
- 17 nail extras crackle top coat- I’m loving these crackle polishes at the moment and I haven’t seen any other glitter ones!
- Topshop nails in 001 daredevil- a beautiful deep purple with a hint of gold glitter!
- MAC nail lacquer in Nightfall- a metallic slate grey that works great with an extra shiny top coat!
So, what polishes are you guys loving this season? Let me know!
Backstage Beauty ss11 Trend: Aqua blue Inner Corner.
This look was seen at Preen Spring/Summer ‘11 at New York Fashion week. The look was inspired by the colors of sand in Egypt. This is very simple, minimalist look, Here are the products you can use to re-create it :
- Revlon Matte eyeshadow in Peach Sorbet
- Revlon Custom eyes Palette in Party Pop (not compulsory)
- Elf hypershine in Flirt or Berry Bliss
- Clinique airbrush Concealer
- Barry M kohl eyeliner in Pastel Turquoise or Sky Blue
How to do it :
Eyes : Start by applying Revlon Matte eyeshadow in Peach Sorbet all over the lid. The apply Barry M kohl eyeliner in Pastel Turquoise or Sky Blue into the inner corner and inner half of the lid (look at photo of models for guidance) and blend it so you can see no sharp lines. Then line the water line with a skin colored eye pencil or concealer pencil. To make this more wearable put a light coat of Mascara, Dior Iconic Mascara would be perfect for this look.
Face : Apply foundation or base of choice and make sure to cover any under eye circles with Clinique airbrush Concealer, you want your face to be flawless but matt.
Lips : Anything sheer with a light sparkle will do. As the face and eyes will be matt you can afford a touch or glimmer on the lips. Look for something almost clear with tiny gold glimmers to enhance your natural lip shape
Brows : Natural and brushed up.
This look promises to wake you up from January Dullness too, Enjoy! xx
Backstage Beauty ss11 Trend: Bright Pink lips
This is the Diane von Furstenberg Backstage beauty for the ss11! As you can see the model has extremely bright lips with a natural look. I added some products I think would be good to create a toned down version of the lip.
- Lipstick queen gloss in 3 minutes
- Benefit Posietint
- Mac lip conditioner in Fuchsia Fix
- Mac lipstick in Girl about Town
All of these (except the mac lipstick) are light and very wearable with just enough pigment. I thought it would be a better idea to put down some more wearable products as I know this super bright lip looks rather daunting for everyday. But with these products you can pull this look off anytime while slipping in a Spring/Summer ‘11 trend! Wear this look with full messy brows and one coat of mascara, keep it low-key and natural to really make your lips pop!
Hey guys! I that it is getting to that time of the year when you start to feel the cold and the depression that it is dark when you get up to go to work/school. But look on the bright side at least we really get to try all the winter make-up trends!! Here are my favs this season…
- rose-y cheeks! This is ah-dorable and universally flattering. Use Estee Lauders powder blush in 211 nude rose and apply on the apples of your cheeks and blend up.
- red lipstick- always a classic that looks good what every the season, but I think it is particularly nice to get you in the holiday spirit! tip: when applying red lipstick use a lipbrush to apply, blot, then apply again to make it last.
- purple smokey eyes- these have made a comeback this season thanks to Estee Lauders smokey eye pallets and I think they look great, especially on green eyes.
- berry lipstain- this is just so cute and fresh looking, it is one of my fav products and I am so glad it is back in fashion! I like the topshop lip stains and benetint is also very good (but quite pricey!)
So there you have it! What are your favouret beauty trends this season? Love to know! xx