Get ready in under 10 minutes- the Parisian way!
Hey girls! Need to look good in double quick time? Do it like a Parisian by following these steps!
- Wash your hair to help wake you up and then apply a mousse for volume and allow to air dry whilst you finish getting ready!
- Apply day cream, its essential for the French woman! In fact even the chicest girls in Paris often get their skin care at the drugstore! But make sure you don’t apply to much, or your cheek will be sticky when you greet your friends a la francaise (cheek kissing)!
- Use a liquid foundation (a pump-action bottle is easier when you’re in a hurry!) and keep a liquid compact in your handbag for touch ups during the day. To apply like a true Parisian don’t use a sponge or a brush, but your fingers for a more natural result!
- Skip under eye concealer- no time!
- Apply matte powdered eye shadow with a fine brush. Most french like shades of brown for a more natural look but you can use any colour!
- Smudge a fine line of black kohl along the base of the lashes
- Apply a bronzing powder with a big brush for a faster application!
- Apply mascara to the top lashes only- that way there is no danger of it running during the day!
Now you look like an elegant Parisian and your ready to run out the door!
Q. How to get rid of pimples and prevent them from coming back? I’ve been having break-outs and IDK what to do with my face. I wash my face every morning when I wake up and before I go to sleep.
A. I feel your pain! I hate hate breakouts! I would say that to deal with yours you need to up your skin care routine from just washing your face because that may not be enough! Try face scrubs, clay masks, spot treatments and toners to treat the spots and help dry them out! However, please don’t pick at your spots- its the worst thing you can do because its makes the spot take a lot longer to go away! So whilst it will give you instant gratification you will have to wait much longer for the mark to fade and deal with scaring! Also don’t over dry your face as this can cause more spots to form so make sure you use a light hydrating moisturiser! Drinking tonnes of water will also help to clear your skin up because it will flush the toxins out of your skin! If you want more tips check outs Willa’s post on her skin care routine ! Hope that helps! xx
Q. What are your top acne face washes? drugstore and not drugstore
On the whole I would say that acne face washes are too strong for most people and will over dry your skin, causing more spots! So try combination skin cleansers such as avene cleanance gel (drugstore) or the clinique wash-away cleanser for oily to very oily skin (department store). xx
Q. What are the best eye creams? drugstore
I used to be into eye gels such as the boots cucumber eye gel, but I didn’t really find that they did much for me so on the whole the only drug store ‘eye cream’ that I’ve really found to have done anything for me is graniers tinted eye roll-on, which is great for the morning as it is quick to apply and doubles up as your concealer! In the evening I use a super hydrating eye cream which is department store. xx
Recent Product Round-up!
What I’ve been loving recently!
- The Body Shop Born Lippy watermelon lip balm: a perfect product for the winter as my lips tend to get dry and this one is super hydrating and as a plus smells and tastes YUMMY!
- Topshop cream blusher in Neon Rose: This is actually Willa’s but she wasn’t using it so gave it to me to try for myself! The colour is really pretty and gives my cheeks a pretty wintery flush and the cream to powder texture makes it easy to blend! It also comes in pretty poka-dot packaging!
- Mac my dark magic mineralize eye-shadow: at the moment I’ve been really into lining my eyes with shadow rather than pencil or gel because it gives a softer, more natural look and this one is perfect because its dark and the purple shimmers add an extra pop! It is also great for a smokey eye on a night out as it has two complimenting shades!
- Revlon colour burst lipgloss in 008 peony pivoine: ever since I saw this in Lisa Eldridges video I knew I had to get it! The colour is so pretty and I’m in love with the golden shimmers!
- Essence colour and go quick drying nail polish in 67 make it gold: Willa gave me this as a christmas present and I’ve been using it non-stop ever since! It looks great on top of any nail polish but I’m loving it over blacks and lilacs! The reason this is so great is it turns any polish metallic and the glitter pieces are different sizes.
- Garnier tinted eye-roll on anti-dark circles in 02: I’ve been using this as my everyday concealer for a while now because its easy to apply and is also hydrating as well as covering my dark circles! My only problem with this product is it needs more shades, the difference between shade 1 and 2 is huge! And for an exact shade is need a slightly lighter shade, but I’m hoping that the range will expand soon! Overall still a great product though!
What have you guys been using recently? What do you think of the products I’ve been using?
Award Winner: Jane Iredale Eye-Lash Primer
Eye-lash Primer? “Meh..” was my first thought! But after getting a sample of this gem my opinion has changed!
Jane Iredale specializes in Mineral products and has worked with surgeons and dermatologists to perfect her beauty line! This Lash Condtioner shows all the hard work has payed off as they have created a primer that really works!
Apply this before mascara/without anything to instantly transform your lashes into being thicker, longer and more defined. This white product dries up clear after a few minutes so you can wear it alone for a naturally open-eyed look (which I sport regularly). Or apply mascara straight after its applied for a false-lash effect.
Its 9g of product which is pretty good and I reckon this tube will last for a while. Being only £13, its a lot cheaper than many other designer primers such as Lancome or Estee Lauder which can cost up to £30.
Its a “suit-all” product and will work for anyones lashes! Plus it makes removing mascara easier and allows less fall-out of lashes; Many added bonuses :D Give this a go if your in search of a new Eyelash primer that does make a difference!
Any Qs or Requests? Xxxx
Hello :) Plus Recent Product Round-up!
Hello and Sorry! Its been ages since a post from me.. But we’re getting back on it!
So to start us off here’s a Little round up of all the products I’ve recently been loving:
- Estee Lauder Satin Creme Blush in Nude Light: This Satin finish cream blush is the perfect muted peachy-nude for autumn, It leaves a lovely cool-toned skin-finish shimmer sheen on the cheek bones! Best applied with fingers or a flat-top stippling brush for a natural effect
- Bourjouis Intense Exrait in 03: These new shadows from Bourjois are a newer, intense version of the classic “little round pot” claiming to be 2 times more intense in one sweep! And yes they are! This matt pink with a sparkling shimmer is very Nars-esque and great for the evening!
- Bourjois Intense Extrait in 09: This matt grey/brown is perfect to sweep along the lashline with an angled brush for effortless definition.
- Bourjois 10 days Nail Polish in 17: I am a fan of these “10-day” polishes! Sure they don’t last for “10 days” but they do a pretty good job! And I love this deep cherry red for Winter
- No.7 Lash Adapt Mascara in Black/brown: This new mascara from No.7 is full on Volume which is what I look for in a mascara. Its super build-able so you can get any look from natural to evening look. Also this brown/black is the perfect combo!
- L’oreal Super Liner Luminizer Hazel Eyes: This liquid, almost water based liner is perfect for a quick pick-me-up. Its got an easy spongy tip and the purple really brings out the brown in my eyes.
- Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip balm: IN LOVE with this balm! It tastes like lemon tarte and works like a treat on dry lips! Hmmmm yum .
What do you think?! I would highly recommend all of these!
Any Qs? Xxx
P.s. More posts on their way!
Our Fave Youtube Beauty Gurus?
Q: What are your fave Youtube Beauty Gurus?
A: We love watching Youtube vids and get soo much inspiration from them! To find out our faves check out our youtube channel and see who we are subscribed too!
From here you can see all our all-time favorite videos and what we like! Check it out :)
Stop being Picky!!
A Common problem: Picking Pimples! We’ve had a few questions on how to stop this horrible habit! Picking off your pimples can lead to scarring, infection, etc.. -Not fun!
So follow these tips to resist the temptation:
- Don’t touch it! This may seem simple but is the toughest yet! Throughout the day keep hands off any sensetive areas!
- Apply a little “anti-blemish”, clay-mask, to it over night! Try Elemis lavender repair mask! You can leave this on while you sleep to help dry out the spot!
- Grab a Q-tip and dip it into a bit of tea-tree oil. Dab this on the spot after your moisturizer in the morning to prevent any bacteria through the day!
- Try a Salicylic Acid lotion! Dabbing a bit of this on will minimize the spot while you sleep! Drying Lotion £17.50 Mario Badescu
Hope this helps! And STOP BEING PICKY! haha ;)
Any Qs? xx
Instant Transformation: Red-Heads.
The Third in the series telling you what products are essential to transform those of you blessed with red locks you in a flash!
- Brown Mascara -Not too harsh on your fair skin
- Brow pencil -Redheads often have pale brows
- Mineral Foundation -Works well with a freckly complexion
- Warm Bronzer -To prevent you looking washed out
- Nutmeg shade of Blush -This toasty shade will really bring out your hair colour.
If you do have freckles, never try and cover them up with concealer! Enhance them! Your lucky enough to have them ;) Also more bricky shades (Blush, eyeshadow, lips, nail polish) go well with RedHeads which is bang on trend too!
Good Luck! Any Qs? xx