My Everyday Makeup Routine!
Hey everyone! At the moment my makeup routine has been a quick natural look which helps to make me look awake and ready for the day, but can be done in a short amount of time! I can do this look in under 10 minutes which is perfect for me. So lets get started!
Face: Fresh and polished!
- I use a light layer of Max Factor Xperience Weightless Foundation in Light Ivory 40 on my t-zone and any other areas that need evening out.
- Next I apply Garnier skin naturals tinted eye roll-on as a concealer for my under eye circles and pat in.
- I then move on to blusher, I use different blushers but mostly peachy-pink cream products such as NYC blushable cream stick in Plaza Pink or Collection 2000 creampuff moisturising lip cream and I blend this onto the apples of my cheeks. Using cream products is much quicker than powder because you can use your fingers!
- I then apply a light dusting of pressed powder over my t-zone to set the foundation; I’ve been using Bourjois mineral radiance in 02 Vanille .
Eyes: Just a swipe of mascara!
- I give my eye brows a quick brush but leave them un-filled.
- Next I curl my lashes and apply a coat of Max Factor false lash effect mascara.
- Depending on how much time I have I also apply Revlon colour stay eyeliner in coffee on the top lash line
Lips: a bit of tinted balm or gloss!
- As I’m dashing out of my room to school I put on a swipe of pinky balm. My current favourites are Mac’s tinted lip conditioner in Petting Pink, Vaseline lip therapy with rose and almond oil or Revlon colourburst gloss in peony pivoine.
So there you go, its really a super quick look that is fresh and pretty. What about you girls? Do you have a super quick to do day time look?
Award Winner: Jane Iredale Eye-Lash Primer
Eye-lash Primer? “Meh..” was my first thought! But after getting a sample of this gem my opinion has changed!
Jane Iredale specializes in Mineral products and has worked with surgeons and dermatologists to perfect her beauty line! This Lash Condtioner shows all the hard work has payed off as they have created a primer that really works!
Apply this before mascara/without anything to instantly transform your lashes into being thicker, longer and more defined. This white product dries up clear after a few minutes so you can wear it alone for a naturally open-eyed look (which I sport regularly). Or apply mascara straight after its applied for a false-lash effect.
Its 9g of product which is pretty good and I reckon this tube will last for a while. Being only £13, its a lot cheaper than many other designer primers such as Lancome or Estee Lauder which can cost up to £30.
Its a “suit-all” product and will work for anyones lashes! Plus it makes removing mascara easier and allows less fall-out of lashes; Many added bonuses :D Give this a go if your in search of a new Eyelash primer that does make a difference!
Any Qs or Requests? Xxxx
Hello :) Plus Recent Product Round-up!
Hello and Sorry! Its been ages since a post from me.. But we’re getting back on it!
So to start us off here’s a Little round up of all the products I’ve recently been loving:
- Estee Lauder Satin Creme Blush in Nude Light: This Satin finish cream blush is the perfect muted peachy-nude for autumn, It leaves a lovely cool-toned skin-finish shimmer sheen on the cheek bones! Best applied with fingers or a flat-top stippling brush for a natural effect
- Bourjouis Intense Exrait in 03: These new shadows from Bourjois are a newer, intense version of the classic “little round pot” claiming to be 2 times more intense in one sweep! And yes they are! This matt pink with a sparkling shimmer is very Nars-esque and great for the evening!
- Bourjois Intense Extrait in 09: This matt grey/brown is perfect to sweep along the lashline with an angled brush for effortless definition.
- Bourjois 10 days Nail Polish in 17: I am a fan of these “10-day” polishes! Sure they don’t last for “10 days” but they do a pretty good job! And I love this deep cherry red for Winter
- No.7 Lash Adapt Mascara in Black/brown: This new mascara from No.7 is full on Volume which is what I look for in a mascara. Its super build-able so you can get any look from natural to evening look. Also this brown/black is the perfect combo!
- L’oreal Super Liner Luminizer Hazel Eyes: This liquid, almost water based liner is perfect for a quick pick-me-up. Its got an easy spongy tip and the purple really brings out the brown in my eyes.
- Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip balm: IN LOVE with this balm! It tastes like lemon tarte and works like a treat on dry lips! Hmmmm yum .
What do you think?! I would highly recommend all of these!
Any Qs? Xxx
P.s. More posts on their way!
Mini New York Haul!
Hey everyone! I just got back from New York (literally this morning- so jet lagged now!) and I thought I would show you guys the few beauty bits and pieces I picked up there! So going from left to right I bought (all from drugstore):
- NYC long wearing nail enamel in 105 Starry Silver Glitter- this was only 99c!
- Sally Hansen colour quick fast dry colour pen in Petal Pink- this is so nifty! I thought it would be perfect for on the go touch ups for a nude mani!
- NYC waterproof eyeliner pencil in 935 Moody Blue- I’ve ben looking out for a dark blue eyeliner and this one is very pigmented and smooth to apply- Perfect!
- Sally Hansen salon effects real nail polish strips in 260 Glitz Blitz- I’m in love with glitter nails at the moment and I thought these would be perfect for a night out!
- Vaseline lip therapy with rose and almond oil- a pretty standard purchase but its nice to amp up your average lip balm with a little colour for everyday!
Also, while I was there I treated myself to a manicure (it was only $13!) and I got it in a fluro pink colour by Essie (sorry I don’t have the exact name).
I also bought Willa her B-Day pressie while I was there- its today, so be sure to wish her a happy birthday guys! :D
Our Fave Youtube Beauty Gurus?
Q: What are your fave Youtube Beauty Gurus?
A: We love watching Youtube vids and get soo much inspiration from them! To find out our faves check out our youtube channel and see who we are subscribed too!
From here you can see all our all-time favorite videos and what we like! Check it out :)
Stop being Picky!!
A Common problem: Picking Pimples! We’ve had a few questions on how to stop this horrible habit! Picking off your pimples can lead to scarring, infection, etc.. -Not fun!
So follow these tips to resist the temptation:
- Don’t touch it! This may seem simple but is the toughest yet! Throughout the day keep hands off any sensetive areas!
- Apply a little “anti-blemish”, clay-mask, to it over night! Try Elemis lavender repair mask! You can leave this on while you sleep to help dry out the spot!
- Grab a Q-tip and dip it into a bit of tea-tree oil. Dab this on the spot after your moisturizer in the morning to prevent any bacteria through the day!
- Try a Salicylic Acid lotion! Dabbing a bit of this on will minimize the spot while you sleep! Drying Lotion £17.50 Mario Badescu
Hope this helps! And STOP BEING PICKY! haha ;)
Any Qs? xx
Instant Transformation: Red-Heads.
The Third in the series telling you what products are essential to transform those of you blessed with red locks you in a flash!
- Brown Mascara -Not too harsh on your fair skin
- Brow pencil -Redheads often have pale brows
- Mineral Foundation -Works well with a freckly complexion
- Warm Bronzer -To prevent you looking washed out
- Nutmeg shade of Blush -This toasty shade will really bring out your hair colour.
If you do have freckles, never try and cover them up with concealer! Enhance them! Your lucky enough to have them ;) Also more bricky shades (Blush, eyeshadow, lips, nail polish) go well with RedHeads which is bang on trend too!
Good Luck! Any Qs? xx
Nail Polishes of the season!
Heya everyone! Its clear that autumn is well underway and what a better way to cheer yourself up about these colder days than some new nail polishes?! At the moment I’m loving glittery and metallic polishes and I selected four of my current favourites!
In order from left to right:
- Revlon nail enamel in095 Facets of Fuchsia- a solid black with bright purple glitter, I love that the glitter pieces are different sizes too!
- 17 nail extras crackle top coat- I’m loving these crackle polishes at the moment and I haven’t seen any other glitter ones!
- Topshop nails in 001 daredevil- a beautiful deep purple with a hint of gold glitter!
- MAC nail lacquer in Nightfall- a metallic slate grey that works great with an extra shiny top coat!
So, what polishes are you guys loving this season? Let me know!
Instant Transformation: Blondes.
The Second in the series that shows you what makeup you need to enhance your natural beauty!
So if you have a fair complexion with blonde hair these products will really make a difference to your look:
- Brow pencil/powder -look for a taupe shade
- Brown Mascara -to softly define eyes
- Brown/black eyeliner -smudge this inbetween lashes to thicken lash line
- Concealer, all you need to gently even out your complexion
- Sheer Blush -If your prone to flushing skip this.
- Tinted balm -To give a shot of colour to the lips.
Now say hello to a naturally new you! Any Qs? xx
The Right way to apply your Face Cream!
Just slapping on some face cream every morning may seem like the simple thing to do. But spend a minute doing it properly and you will really reap the results!
Learn our tips on how to make the most from your moisturizer:
- Start by dotting your face cream evenly all over you face.
- Then starting at your chin/jawline massage upwards in circular motions, because this is the direction you want your face to go!
- When you reach your delicate eye area, sweep your fingers along the brow bone moving outwards then back under the eye towards the nose. Repeat a few times as this will wake up tired eyes
- Then end with the forehead and work outwards and upwards!
Giving you face this mini massage twice a day will boost circulation and lymphatic draining! Give it a go :)
Any Qs? Xx
Instant Transformation: Brunettes.
Introducing a new mini series that will tell you the minimum amount of products you should use to make the most of your natural beauty!
So here are a bunch of products that will give Brunettes an easy oomph:
- Under-eye concealer- Will brighten up your face
- Sheer foundation- To even out skin tone.
- Brow powder- Make the most of your bold brows!
- Bronzer- This will sculpt your face and warm you up
- Blush- A bright peach will make your complexion glow.
With out eye makeup Brunettes usually look lovely as they have naturally dark lashes! So give this “no makeup” makeup look a go ;)
Qs? Xx Next is Blondes, Red-heads and Black Skin tones! Watch this space!