Q. do you know any good liquid highlighters and how to use them? for example, benefits high beam? - lin
A. Highlighters can make your skin glow and look super hydrated but there are so many on the market that it can be hard to choose!
Firstly, I would like to say that yes, Benefits high beam is a great product! I use it on a daily basis and it works well with my pale skin. Here are a few more good highlighters:
- Benefits Moonbeam- similar to high beam but it’s warmed toned. This is better for those with dark skin and yellow undertones as it will sit better with you skin and look more natural.
- E.L.F all over colour stick- at just £1.50 these are a steal! They are solid but glide on easily. The colours I recommend are spotlight (for pale skin) and golden peach (for darker skin). The pinks are also great for blushers!
- E.L.F. shimmering facial whip- this is the liquid version of the all over colour stick and works just as well and looks more subtle, although it does take a little longer to apply. I recommend the same shades.
- Becca shimmering skin perfecter- sits great with skin and applies in a super believable way.
As for the application of highlighters its much easier than you think:
- apply your foundation first and then using a foundation brush begin to apply your highlighter to the highest points of the cheek bones.
- This is the part which is just outside the dip where your eyes are. Apply and make sure the edges are well blended, you don’t want a harsh line!
- Then with what’s left on the brush highlight the bridge on the nose and the cupids bow of your lips. This will help to brighten your skin and make your lips look fuller.
- Go in and conceal afterwards.
Hope that helped Lin!
Any more Q’s? Put them in our ask box!