Mini New York Haul!
Hey everyone! I just got back from New York (literally this morning- so jet lagged now!) and I thought I would show you guys the few beauty bits and pieces I picked up there! So going from left to right I bought (all from drugstore):
- NYC long wearing nail enamel in 105 Starry Silver Glitter- this was only 99c!
- Sally Hansen colour quick fast dry colour pen in Petal Pink- this is so nifty! I thought it would be perfect for on the go touch ups for a nude mani!
- NYC waterproof eyeliner pencil in 935 Moody Blue- I’ve ben looking out for a dark blue eyeliner and this one is very pigmented and smooth to apply- Perfect!
- Sally Hansen salon effects real nail polish strips in 260 Glitz Blitz- I’m in love with glitter nails at the moment and I thought these would be perfect for a night out!
- Vaseline lip therapy with rose and almond oil- a pretty standard purchase but its nice to amp up your average lip balm with a little colour for everyday!
Also, while I was there I treated myself to a manicure (it was only $13!) and I got it in a fluro pink colour by Essie (sorry I don’t have the exact name).
I also bought Willa her B-Day pressie while I was there- its today, so be sure to wish her a happy birthday guys! :D
Our Fave Youtube Beauty Gurus?
Q: What are your fave Youtube Beauty Gurus?
A: We love watching Youtube vids and get soo much inspiration from them! To find out our faves check out our youtube channel and see who we are subscribed too!
From here you can see all our all-time favorite videos and what we like! Check it out :)
Stop being Picky!!
A Common problem: Picking Pimples! We’ve had a few questions on how to stop this horrible habit! Picking off your pimples can lead to scarring, infection, etc.. -Not fun!
So follow these tips to resist the temptation:
- Don’t touch it! This may seem simple but is the toughest yet! Throughout the day keep hands off any sensetive areas!
- Apply a little “anti-blemish”, clay-mask, to it over night! Try Elemis lavender repair mask! You can leave this on while you sleep to help dry out the spot!
- Grab a Q-tip and dip it into a bit of tea-tree oil. Dab this on the spot after your moisturizer in the morning to prevent any bacteria through the day!
- Try a Salicylic Acid lotion! Dabbing a bit of this on will minimize the spot while you sleep! Drying Lotion £17.50 Mario Badescu
Hope this helps! And STOP BEING PICKY! haha ;)
Any Qs? xx
Instant Transformation: Red-Heads.
The Third in the series telling you what products are essential to transform those of you blessed with red locks you in a flash!
- Brown Mascara -Not too harsh on your fair skin
- Brow pencil -Redheads often have pale brows
- Mineral Foundation -Works well with a freckly complexion
- Warm Bronzer -To prevent you looking washed out
- Nutmeg shade of Blush -This toasty shade will really bring out your hair colour.
If you do have freckles, never try and cover them up with concealer! Enhance them! Your lucky enough to have them ;) Also more bricky shades (Blush, eyeshadow, lips, nail polish) go well with RedHeads which is bang on trend too!
Good Luck! Any Qs? xx
Nail Polishes of the season!
Heya everyone! Its clear that autumn is well underway and what a better way to cheer yourself up about these colder days than some new nail polishes?! At the moment I’m loving glittery and metallic polishes and I selected four of my current favourites!
In order from left to right:
- Revlon nail enamel in095 Facets of Fuchsia- a solid black with bright purple glitter, I love that the glitter pieces are different sizes too!
- 17 nail extras crackle top coat- I’m loving these crackle polishes at the moment and I haven’t seen any other glitter ones!
- Topshop nails in 001 daredevil- a beautiful deep purple with a hint of gold glitter!
- MAC nail lacquer in Nightfall- a metallic slate grey that works great with an extra shiny top coat!
So, what polishes are you guys loving this season? Let me know!
Instant Transformation: Blondes.
The Second in the series that shows you what makeup you need to enhance your natural beauty!
So if you have a fair complexion with blonde hair these products will really make a difference to your look:
- Brow pencil/powder -look for a taupe shade
- Brown Mascara -to softly define eyes
- Brown/black eyeliner -smudge this inbetween lashes to thicken lash line
- Concealer, all you need to gently even out your complexion
- Sheer Blush -If your prone to flushing skip this.
- Tinted balm -To give a shot of colour to the lips.
Now say hello to a naturally new you! Any Qs? xx
The Right way to apply your Face Cream!
Just slapping on some face cream every morning may seem like the simple thing to do. But spend a minute doing it properly and you will really reap the results!
Learn our tips on how to make the most from your moisturizer:
- Start by dotting your face cream evenly all over you face.
- Then starting at your chin/jawline massage upwards in circular motions, because this is the direction you want your face to go!
- When you reach your delicate eye area, sweep your fingers along the brow bone moving outwards then back under the eye towards the nose. Repeat a few times as this will wake up tired eyes
- Then end with the forehead and work outwards and upwards!
Giving you face this mini massage twice a day will boost circulation and lymphatic draining! Give it a go :)
Any Qs? Xx
Instant Transformation: Brunettes.
Introducing a new mini series that will tell you the minimum amount of products you should use to make the most of your natural beauty!
So here are a bunch of products that will give Brunettes an easy oomph:
- Under-eye concealer- Will brighten up your face
- Sheer foundation- To even out skin tone.
- Brow powder- Make the most of your bold brows!
- Bronzer- This will sculpt your face and warm you up
- Blush- A bright peach will make your complexion glow.
With out eye makeup Brunettes usually look lovely as they have naturally dark lashes! So give this “no makeup” makeup look a go ;)
Qs? Xx Next is Blondes, Red-heads and Black Skin tones! Watch this space!
Good Facial Toners?
Q: What Facial Toner do you recommend?
A: Toners really help mattify and tighten pores! Try these:
- Elemis Lavender toner -amazing for your skin concerns as it also helps calm the skin. Can also be used on Combination Skin.
- Avene Mattifying/Purifiying Lotion -again good for more oily skin.
For Dry/Normal Skin, try these:
- Biotherm HydraMineral toner -Nice and light for everyday.
- Estee Lauder Intense Softening toner- very nourishing!
So whatever your skin type you can give a Toner a try, as they also help remove excess of your cleanser which could them block your pores!
More Qs? Xx
Q. right-track-babyyy- sort of primers do you like best?
A. Hey girl! Personally I love the mattifying primers for oily skin because it means that I don’t have to touch up my powder during the day but here are some other options too:
- For oily skin: Sephora Anti-Shine Primer
- For normal skin: L’Oreal Paris Studio Secrets Smoothing resurfacing primer
- For dry skin: Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base
Hope that helps!
Any more Q’s? xx
Affordable Blushers, all under £8 :)
Buy a blush that is fairly cheap is always a good option when it come to makeup shopping! It means you can purchase a couple different shades/finishes for different occasions!
Here are come good high-street brands with good blusher ranges:
- Bourjois, Round Pot Blushers, around £7.
- Revlon, Matt Blusher,£8
- Max Factor, Creamy Blusher, £7
- Maybelline, Dream soft blush, £7
- ELF, Mineral Blush, £3.50
Give them ago and see which ones suit you best! If you have dry skin try the Max Factor or Maybelline one whereas if your oily go for the Revlon!
Good Luck! Any Qs? Xx
All-over Body Boosters!
Here a a few tips to keep you looking great, inside and out!
- After a hot shower in the morning rinse yourself with cold water. This will help prevent cellulight and improve circulation
- Wake up 10 mins earlier and get moving! Do a few lunges or squats to kick-start your metabolism. You will burn breakfast way faster!
- Add some extra greens to your morning smoothie! Try adding kale or spinach they don’t taste of anything but are full of minerals!
- After a bath massage some body oil onto your legs and arms. Or anywhere you have aches and pains, it will sooth you! Try Weleda Pomegranate oil.
- Throughout the day sip on water with a squeeze of lemon in it, this will help cleanse the body!
Any Qs? Xx